Conversion kit ordered

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
After much deliberation I've only gone and ordered my conversion kit,in the end I decided on the 250w rear hub kit from EBC mostly due to the information I have read on here,this will be my first conversion and I've still to rebuild the bike that I'm using for the conversion so progess might be slow but once I work out how to put pictures up al put a wee sort of progress story thing on here,cheers

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Looking forward to it what's the type of bike and where are you cycling?

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
It's an old GT mountain bike that am converting to a more hybrid style, I've stripped and powder coated the frame and upgrading the crank/gears etc with bits and bobs that I have lying about. Al be using it for work and the odd wee run out at the weekend to see if I can get some fitness back,at the moment my dodgy hip makes cycling a bit uncomfortable especially when you hit a hill or a headwind so hopefully this will help.

Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
That's a proper job stripping and powder coating the frame.
If you do a proper job on the bits this could be a very nice bike, worth some kudos...
I'm looking forward to the pics now.
The motor helps with my athsma, so I get fitter when I can ride the bike. E bike's tend to make for many more miles under the tires.

• Agree

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Powder coated satin black, going for a stealth look, does anybody know how to upload pictures on here?

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Still working out how to post pictures!
Hey tabs, there are two ways really one is to click the upload a file button, and then you can decide how to display it.

Or you can use the image button, and it will ask you for the url where the picture is located. So that could be a online picture hosting site or if you uploaded it to here then click and open your picture and copy the url and paste it after pressing the image button.

Looking forward to seeing more pics ;)

• Useful

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
It's an old GT mountain bike that am converting to a more hybrid style, I've stripped and powder coated the frame and upgrading the crank/gears etc with bits and bobs that I have lying about. Al be using it for work and the odd wee run out at the weekend to see if I can get some fitness back,at the moment my dodgy hip makes cycling a bit uncomfortable especially when you hit a hill or a headwind so hopefully this will help.
GT's are a good bike for conversion. Funny enough, I have an old Timberline (steel frame) lying about that I plan on striping, painting and rebuilding this winter.

Here's my Arrowhead conversion.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Informative

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
It's not a kit, it's some mix and match parts that I had lying about.

250w SWX motor
S06P controller (BMSBattery)
Controller box (Panda)
10ah battery (Eclipse)

Last edited:
  • Informative

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Good stuff, you've obviously got more of an idea how that stuff works, I thought I would be better with a kit for the first time then once am clued up I can sort things out myself, cheers

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Good stuff, you've obviously got more of an idea how that stuff works, I thought I would be better with a kit for the first time then once am clued up I can sort things out myself, cheers
Yes, kit is best first time. You need to buy everything anyway, so get it all together. By the 20th you'll have loads of different bits n pieces like me.

Are you planning on a downtube battery? If so you may need to add an extra rivnut on to your frame.

• :D

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Yip downtube battery ordered,I was wondering about that very thing but reckoned it must be ok cause haven't seen it mentioned before, shouldn't be a problem though av got access to the proper tools in my work

• Informative