Conversion kit poll

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
You list is mostly motor manufacturers but kits often use same motor but a big difference in the rest (LCD vs basic led handlebar panel, waterproof wiring vs basic Chinese clips , quality rims vs basic, quality spokes vs Chinese cheese, torque vs rotation, mid vs hub etc)

An wether they bought direct from china (ie cheaper but no guarantee or customer service)

I only point this out as the quality of the data you get out is only as good as the data put in

Depends what you want to actually find out ?!

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Don't fancy clicking on a link from a single poster!

no_op

Just Joined
Aug 1, 2014
After a bunch of research I ended up buying an ebikeling kit with the lcd controller. It worked pretty well and I have been happy with it so far. Was it the best choice? not sure.I guess the main idea behind the poll was to help other folks get an idea of which components are popular with forum users.
Perhaps the poll is to general. First time I tried this....

C

Cyclezee

Hi no_op,

You have included eZee, Falco, Ansmann, Oxydrive, Cyclotricity etc., etc.

no_op

Just Joined
Aug 1, 2014
Good to know. I will be sure to add those in the future if the current poll turns out to be useful.

D

Deleted member 4366

I think that more people on this forum use kits from BMSBattery and Greenbikekit than anything else.

D

Deleted member 4366

There's too many kits now. It's impossible to recommend one. They all work. I've just thought of another one. GNG sell crank-drive kits and just about everything else.

I've personally bought and used kits from:

Sunlova (UK now 8Funbike)
BMSBattery (China)
Greenbikekit (China)
Oxydrive (UK)
GNG (China)
BTN (China)
EVassemble (China)

They're all brilliant.

no_op

Just Joined
Aug 1, 2014
For a newbie this is really useful information. I bet a lot of users have not heard of all of those brands.
Based on the feedback everyone provided I created a new "which conversion kit are you using poll" with the following brands:
eZee, Falco, Ansmann, Oxydrive, Cyclotricity,BMSBattery,Greenbikekit, Sunlova (UK now 8Funbike)
,BMSBattery (China), Oxydrive (UK), GNG (China), BTN (China)
and EVassemble
Here:

https://app.ixsium.com/#!/polls/53dd54304e13780800a074f0?q=pedelec-forum-what-conversion-kit-do-you-use

Why bother with a poll? The people who post on Pedelecs are very knowledge-able about electric bikes and conversion kits. Pedelecs users have already done the research and that is reflected in their choice of kit.
A newbie can look at what is popular and know that buying into the popular choice is a low risk option.