courier

pea

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2012
I'm hoping to buy benjy_a's juicy sport and I'm looking for a courier, does anyone have any recommendations? Ive put in for quotes on anyvan as well.

pea

lowranger

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2008
I'm hoping to buy benjy_a's juicy sport and I'm looking for a courier, does anyone have any recommendations? Ive put in for quotes on anyvan as well.

pea
Go for one with a local (to you) depot in case of issues. I had recent poor service from City Link. They claimed they had tried to deliver and left a card-they didn't we were waiting in for he delivery, no attempt was made and no card was left. I then went on line and arranged to collect from depot the next day. When I arrived they had sent it out to try and deliver it again! guess what, no one was in, I was at the depot! The security at the depot was rubbish as well. I could have loaded my car with boxes of other peoples electrical gear, left and had them on ebay before anyone came to the counter!

Hope that helps

Marny Hill

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 29, 2010
Courier - Paisley Freight

Thats cheap, they can't give a collection time and thats a bit of a problem, it has to be collected in the evenings.

I've had some quotes coming in at £135 :confused:
We used Paisley Freight for 2 electric bikes and 3 'ordinary' bikes and never had a problem - very efficient and very cheap!

flash

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2009
CW12 Congleton
Go for one with a local (to you) depot in case of issues. I had recent poor service from City Link. They claimed they had tried to deliver and left a card-they didn't we were waiting in for he delivery, no attempt was made and no card was left. I then went on line and arranged to collect from depot the next day. When I arrived they had sent it out to try and deliver it again! guess what, no one was in, I was at the depot! The security at the depot was rubbish as well. I could have loaded my car with boxes of other peoples electrical gear, left and had them on ebay before anyone came to the counter!

Hope that helps
My City Link depot is brilliant. I use them quite a lot. They ring me on my mobile to check if I am in and have arranged to meet me at work or even on a garage forecourt to deliver my packages. I nearly always have the same driver - name Sean - top bloke. :)

benjy_a

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 25, 2009
Pea I have sent you a message, it may not need to be evening collection.

Ben

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

C

Cyclezee

Hope that helps
Hi Lowranger,

I know exactly what you are talking about, that was a farcical incident.

From our end, the local City Link depot is depot is good and John, the usual collection driver is exceptionally good, reliable and friendly.

We have had problems on with City Link on Mondays though when John isn't working, failed collections and claims that no one was available which was untrue, so we try to avoid Monday collections.

I think it comes down to individual people and individual depots.

We are intending to deliver ourselves within 100 miles of MK and I almost did one yesterday to East Norfolk, but 6 hour round trip and my wife changed my mind.

We will certainly give Paisley Freight as I see that they use TNT and City Link.

The strangest delivery we had was to Athens, the parcel went with DHL, Heathrow to Brussels, Eindhoven, Budapest, back to Brussels, then to Budapest a second time before actually arriving in Athens a week late.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The strangest delivery we had was to Athens, the parcel went with DHL, Heathrow to Brussels, Eindhoven, Budapest, back to Brussels, then to Budapest a second time before actually arriving in Athens a week late.
Seems like a bar code problem, a wrong entry in the first instance can result in such stubborn repeats until someone decides to actually read something and make an amendment.

john a

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2012
I had no problems with Paisley, but would like to point out that the tracking system they provide is virtually useless. You have to take it on trust that they will turn up when they say (and they do).

They provide their system generated tracking number which becomes obsolete the moment the contract is transferred to another courier - who has their own consignment number etc. You must then somehow obtain this new consignment number in order to track your package. Should be quite easy if you are the sender of the goods, but not so easy if you are the recipient. You never know which courier is going to arrive until they actually appear to collect.

Having said that - for £25, I think their service represents a real bargain.

C

Cyclezee

Hi John,

If the sender can obatain the tracking/consignment number of the actual courier that is OK.

We normally email the number to the recipient. Even if they don't track it, it does show that the parcel has been collected by the courier and is on it's way.