Crank is moving side to side in BBSHD

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi,
My BBSHD crank has started to move by side to side in the BB. The crank rotates normally, but there is definite side to side movement, resulting in a creaking noise. Thought the crank arms were a bit loose, but this was not the problem. Any information gladly received,

Cheers,

G

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi,
My BBSHD crank has started to move by side to side in the BB. The crank rotates normally, but there is definite side to side movement, resulting in a creaking noise. Thought the crank arms were a bit loose, but this was not the problem. Any information gladly received,

Cheers,

G
If the BBSHD is put together anything like the BBS02, then the crank spindle is held in with a large slotted ring nut, locked in place with another slotted ring nut.

You can use needle nosed pliers to unscrew the outer lock nut, tighten the inner one, then lock down the outer one. Crank arms need to be removed to carry this out.

Gagsinio

Pedelecer
May 9, 2015
Hi, the lock nuts are tight, both the inner and outer one, the crank is moving inside this, so guessing it might be a bearing? Have also checked crank arms are tight, the play is straight through the crank, i.e. you can move the crank from left to right,if you wiggle it with the pedals, if you were looking straight down from the seat to the floor.