Cyclamatic controller

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
From what I read the low voltage cutoff in a BMS monitors at cell level and doesn't allow any cell to drop below approx 3.1v. Whereas the controller monitors total battery voltage and cuts off at 21v in the case of the cyclamatic. So unless the controller has overvolt/overamp protection you may get away with it. Try it, worse thing can happen is you'll fry the controller and their pretty cheap to replace.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Damn I enjoyed this thread but now I'm left in suspense. Did Fordulike steriod his Cyclamatic to 36v successfully or blow it out!??! Arrgh the suspense is kiling me. :p

Seriously though, those bikes look great bikes for the money really and ideal for this sort of upgrading tinkering stuff. :cool:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Damn I enjoyed this thread but now I'm left in suspense. Did Fordulike steriod his Cyclamatic to 36v successfully or blow it out!??! Arrgh the suspense is kiling me. :p

Seriously though, those bikes look great bikes for the money really and ideal for this sort of upgrading tinkering stuff. :cool:
Sorry to disappoint you morphix, i bottled out for two reasons;

1) I've grown quite fond of the Cyclamatic and didn't want to blow it up :D
2) I'm in the process of building my own bike for next summer :cool:

Maybe when the battery becomes beyond use, then i may give the 36 volt thing a bash.

newbike

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2010
Just a thought, the cyclamatic does the batter have a three prong female connector at the bottom (although only two are used) and take a kettle lead type charger.

It looks identical to my battery and it would be good to know I can get a replacement in the uk should I need to.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Here's a picture of the bottom of the battery. Excuse the poor quality :eek:
The two outer slots are the pos and neg feeds.
The bike has two vertical prongs which dock with the battery when it is slid into place.

Attachments

newbike

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2010
Here's a picture of the bottom of the battery. Excuse the poor quality :eek:
The two outer slots are the pos and neg feeds.
The bike has two vertical prongs which dock with the battery when it is slid into place.
That looks like it, result. :) Does it charge with a kettle type lead.

With the male (left) being on the battery and the female on the charger?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
The battery has a female XLR connector near the top, which sits flush with the casing.
The one on the left of the picture is for info only, as most of it is inside the casing.
The charger has a male XLR connector (right) and looks exactly as one in picture.

Attachments