Cyclamatic powerplus battery problems...anyone else?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cheapo digital volt meter more then capable for the job.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-LCD-Mini-with-Buzzer-Ampere-Meter-Voltage-Test-Probe-DC-AC-Multimeter-/272141515843?hash=item3f5ce5fc43:g:6N4AAOSwBLlU~6qG
Same item sourced in uk on Ebay expect to pay double the price, works perfectly well.
When checking for polarity you simply set the dial to read volts and stick the probe ends on the battery connections (red to +, black to - ) if wired correctly you will get a plain voltage reading or if wired in reverse a minus will appear before the voltage reading. To confirm how this works try it with any battery (PP3, AA,AAA etc) correct way first then reverse your probes and you will see the minus appear before the v reading.
Once you get your meter we can guide you on the next steps on how to use it, such as above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belen

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-LCD-Mini-with-Buzzer-Ampere-Meter-Voltage-Test-Probe-DC-AC-Multimeter-/272141515843?hash=item3f5ce5fc43:g:6N4AAOSwBLlU~6qG
Same item sourced in uk on Ebay expect to pay double the price, works perfectly well.
When checking for polarity you simply set the dial to read volts and stick the probe ends on the battery connections (red to +, black to - ) if wired correctly you will get a plain voltage reading or if wired in reverse a minus will appear before the voltage reading. To confirm how this works try it with any battery (PP3, AA,AAA etc) correct way first then reverse your probes and you will see the minus appear before the v reading.
Once you get your meter we can guide you on the next steps on how to use it, such as above.

Hi dear,
I have my new battery from Aliexpress, much more cheaper than in other places :)
I need to check the polarity now, so I have 4 connections in the battery, 2++ and 2-- I do not know how to check the polarity then.
Could you let me know, please?
Thank you very much

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Your volt meter needs the probes connected first, Black/- socket goes in to the COM hole and red/+ goes into the V/OhmsMa hole not the Dc hole. Set the dial(anti clockwise turn) to 200v, switch the battery on then stick the red probe on the battery + and the black on the -- , you should get a voltage reading. If you get a reading without the -- in front of it then the polarity is correct . See my post #41 above.

Reactions: Belen

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk

Thanks for this!!!!!
Belen

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Your volt meter needs the probes connected first, Black/- socket goes in to the COM hole and red/+ goes into the V/OhmsMa hole not the Dc hole. Set the dial(anti clockwise turn) to 200v, switch the battery on then stick the red probe on the battery + and the black on the -- , you should get a voltage reading. If you get a reading without the -- in front of it then the polarity is correct . See my post #41 above.

Hi dear,
I just checked the polarity and this is working, it says 40,8.
But if I set on the battery in my cyclamatic, the bike is not working. This battery is slightly bigger than the other one, could be the connectors? Maybe they are not working. I had to break the small thing in the bike where is the hole to lock the battery to get it in the bike, but it is not working.
This battery came with a connector. May I do anything with this? I attach a pic for you.
Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

When you insert the battery, does it go all the way down so that the prongs go into the slots?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Not with out any pics with the battery in situ, as D8veh has mentioned probably a non connection issue if the battery does not sit down all the way. The prongs as you know need to marry up and sit all the way in properly, power should be no issue as you have a V reading albeit a little low if the battery is fully charged.
D8veh more then likely has knowledge of the Cyclamtic, I can't say to much more with out seeing a closer up pic of the battery end and the bikes docking point.