Cycle Parking - "Sheffield stands"

ncpdnc

Pedelecer
May 28, 2017
Europe!
Where do you guys park may I ask?
My rented accommodation does not allow cycle to be kep inside the house. I have to go through the house to park in the open space in the back garden! o_O:oops:
My work place which has 4 floors and 13 separate businesses in the building in Shadwell, London neither has cycle parking space nor allow it inside the building! :eek:

I am pretty much worried at the prospect of parking in one of those "monitored but at own risk" Sheffield stands in public spaces.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Jimbobins

Pedelecer
Jan 23, 2017
Lacashire
I am being told I have to park my bike, in the cycle racks to the rear of the building, some 7 minutes walk from the office. I work in a large manufacturing plant. There is CCTV in place, and in line of sight from the security hut, but I am more concerned with it being so far away. I can have as many locks as I want, but its the 7 minutes to get to it, that miffs me, I can be a large chunk of the way home in that time, plus I will have to carry a set of different shoes/trainers as I don't want to walk that far in my cleats.

I am considering arriving to work earlier and storing the bike in the locked cupboard adjacent to my office. I will deal with any fall out later..

• Agree
Reactions: E-Wheels and ncpdnc

ncpdnc

Pedelecer
May 28, 2017
Europe!
I am being told I have to park my bike, in the cycle racks to the rear of the building, some 7 minutes walk from the office. I work in a large manufacturing plant. There is CCTV in place, and in line of sight from the security hut, but I am more concerned with it being so far away. I can have as many locks as I want, but its the 7 minutes to get to it, that miffs me, I can be a large chunk of the way home in that time, plus I will have to carry a set of different shoes/trainers as I don't want to walk that far in my cleats.

I am considering arriving to work earlier and storing the bike in the locked cupboard adjacent to my office. I will deal with any fall out later..
Right there with you Jim. :)

I am even considering getting a foldable. If only there isn't a 14 mile commute each way. :eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
If you work on an upper floor, you could use a solution from The Netherlands and Denmark. Have a rope hanging down with hooks that you attach the bike to, then upstairs haul it up to be suspended next to the wall out of reach of the ground.

Reactions: ncpdnc
D

Deleted member 4366

Cleats to ride an electric bike to work???

ncpdnc

Pedelecer
May 28, 2017
Europe!
If you work on an upper floor, you could use a solution from The Netherlands and Denmark. Have a rope hanging down with hooks that you attach the bike to, then upstairs haul it up to be suspended next to the wall out of reach of the ground.
:rolleyes: Sensible!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Where do you guys park may I ask?
My rented accommodation does not allow cycle to be kep inside the house. I have to go through the house to park in the open space in the back garden! o_O:oops:
My work place which has 4 floors and 13 separate businesses in the building in Shadwell, London neither has cycle parking space nor allow it inside the building! :eek:

I am pretty much worried at the prospect of parking in one of those "monitored but at own risk" Sheffield stands in public spaces.

This is incredibly frustrating.
... Looks like a good business opportunity.. lockup cages and monitored .. just like the butane gas cylinders at garages.

• :D
Reactions: ncpdnc