Cyclematic powerplus

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I've used a bit of old inner tube and a cable-tie. Only tie it tightly at the top, so that water can easily drain out if it gets in.

What controller have you got? The normal 15A KT sinewave one fits in there with all the connectors.

In case you don't know, you'll probably have to flip the PAS magnet disc when you use a different controller to the Cyclamatic one, otherwise it only works when you pedal backwards.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
I've used a bit of old inner tube and a cable-tie. Only tie it tightly at the top, so that water can easily drain out if it gets in.

What controller have you got? The normal 15A KT sinewave one fits in there with all the connectors.

In case you don't know, you'll probably have to flip the PAS magnet disc when you use a different controller to the Cyclamatic one, otherwise it only works when you pedal backwards.
hi pal i got the one you advised me to on one of my other posts about cyclematic power problems i think it was i only just managed to get the controller in the space where it is supposed to go had to put all the connectors through the hole that leads into the compartment

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Hi vfr400 this the space where the controller goes tried every way to get the wires in but can’t so looking at your other option you gave me I would have to extend the motor phase wire and the hall sensor connector also the battery wires do you know where I can get the part from with the connectors the same so I dnt have to mess about changing them about as I’m no good at that lol

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Although tight can the wiring not wedge in the wedge shape above the controller ?
Even with an under seat bag I still have to wedge it in above the controller.

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Although tight can the wiring not wedge in the wedge shape above the controller ?
Even with an under seat bag I still have to wedge it in above the controller.
Hi neath I have tried to get the wires in there but can’t and dnt want to break any of the wires so the other option sounds the better way to go but will have to extend the wires like I’ve said would be better if i can get one the same so there is no messing about just plug it all together

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
vfr400 do you have any links to the parts i need or does anyone else thanks for any help given

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hub motor extension cable for hall effect hubs.
Don't look to extend the current motor cable further by adding another, use one of the correct length.

Ebike motor cable with hall connector cable,motor cable,motor cable with hall connector,ebike motor cable,Ebike motor cable with hall connector [motor cable with hall connector] - $5.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)

One can find various length cables on Aliexp or other sites.
If the PAS isn't long enough buy a new PAS sensor with a longer cable.
Throttle cables are often always more then long enough.

Reactions: gazza19

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
Hub motor extension cable for hall effect hubs.
Don't look to extend the current motor cable further by adding another, use one of the correct length.

Ebike motor cable with hall connector cable,motor cable,motor cable with hall connector,ebike motor cable,Ebike motor cable with hall connector [motor cable with hall connector] - $5.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce (topbikekit.com)

One can find various length cables on Aliexp or other sites.
If the PAS isn't long enough buy a new PAS sensor with a longer cable.
Throttle cables are often always more then long enough.
to do that tho would have to open the motor up and im no good at stuff like that

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
to do that tho would have to open the motor up and im no good at stuff like that
Follow the cable from the hub to see if it has a Julet connection, usually about 10 -12" from the hub axle.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Vfr400 yea it does pal then goes to the controller
In that case, you buy a motor cable the right length. They have them on Ebay. You'd still need to extend the battery and PAS cables by soldering in some wire. You need 14g for the battery.

I'm stll mystified why you can't get it all in the compartment. I've fitted one of those controllers to a Cyclamatic before without any problems. Did you get the bigger 17A version?

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
In that case, you buy a motor cable the right length. They have them on Ebay. You'd still need to extend the battery and PAS cables by soldering in some wire. You need 14g for the battery.

I'm stll mystified why you can't get it all in the compartment. I've fitted one of those controllers to a Cyclamatic before without any problems. Did you get the bigger 17A version?
No don’t think so the batter part where the battery connects to goes into the compartment I have tried all sorts of ways to get it but just won’t go in this a pic of the connector from the wheel the cable would connect to the controller am I right in saying this

Attachments

gazza19

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2020
No don’t think so the batter part where the battery connects to goes into the compartment I have tried all sorts of ways to get it but just won’t go in this a pic of the connector from the wheel the cable would connect to the controller am I right in saying this
This is the controller I got and this the space for it to go in

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can the controller fit in the space end in rather then side ways ?

The space in the compartment looks larger then my under saddle bag and I can wedge it all in with the 6fet 20a controller.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I've upgraded the controllers on a few of this style of bike and I agree it is a very tight fit to get everything back in the compartment. You need to use all the available space, which means putting some of the connectors and wiring behind the controller and battery connector before fitting it. What may help is removing any unwanted connectors and fitting some heat shrink to the bare wires. Your motor cable connector is an older style, so I don't think you will find a suitable extension cable. As vfr has said, your new controller should be the same size as the new KT one. It will all go in there, honest:)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
This is the controller I got and this the space for it to go in
It goes in the compartment flat on the bottom in the fore and aft direction. Push it all the way to the far side. The block connector and some of the others go above it. The remaining thinner ones go on the side between the controller and the side-plate.