Cyclezee @ Network Rail

C

Cyclezee

We have just finished a very busy and successful day exhibiting at Network Rail's prestigious new national HQ building in Milton Keynes opened last year.

Local businesses are invited to display their wares to the 3500 employees based there, and we were very happy to accept the invitation.

The building itself is very impressive and very green with low energy consumption, you can see more about it here BBC News - Network Rail's new Milton Keynes HQ unveiled

Below are some photos from today.

20131206_135752 copy.jpg
DSC_0007 copy.jpg
DSC_0003 copy.jpg
DSC_0008 copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Is that the same Network Rail that has allowed the disappearance of guard vans, thereby preventing many a cyclist from using the network?

I and friend used to use the rail network for return trips most weekends, sadly we cannot anymore. Still, I guess the train companies get plenty of cash from the commuters.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Does that mean you can't take a non-folding bike on a train, then?

A chap I was talking to recently gave me the impression he does this quite regularly.

C

Cyclezee

My understanding is that Network Rail runs the infrastructure and that individual train companies have their own rules regarding transportation of bikes.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, each rail company sets it's own rules, and they can vary within their own routes, depending on the rolling stock.

This A to B magazine page approved by the rail companies and Network Rail lists the arrangements, including those for the private railways.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I understood it to be always at the guard/inspector's discretion as to whether there was room or not, and that folding bikes were always allowed regardless.....:confused:

Prestigious venue and invitation to exhibit. :cool:

Lynda :)

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
Yes, each rail company sets it's own rules, and they can vary within their own routes, depending on the rolling stock.

This A to B magazine page approved by the rail companies and Network Rail lists the arrangements, including those for the private railways.
Flecc, very useful thanks.

Seems if I wish to go mountain biking and get the train home at the end of the day I must be able to fold my bike and bag it.

Not sure about the folding bit but I can bag it. They will never know its not folded.