Cycling Accident :(

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Thank you very much everyone for your kind, encouraging words. You guys are awesome :)

He came back to check up on me and when he saw that I was bleeding, he offered to take me home. He wasn't even worried about his cab. He was concerned about me. He didn't even accept my money after dropping me home. Faith in humanity restored :)
I have a very strong feeling that you are stunning;)

MS.

Reactions: CorpusLuteum

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Glad you made it! You still shocked about it I suppose. I had a close call but it is amazing isn't it how many close calls we get when we should 't be...

C

Cyclezee

Sorry to hear about spill CL:(

I nearly fell into a canal a few months back by stupidly trying to steer out of rut with the wrong tyres.

All I got was bruised knee and a bit muddy:oops:

Take care out here;)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Thank you. Yes I thought so... but I think I'm in denial. I know it was my fault but I suppose I'm trying to make myself feel better. I feel so stupid.

Thank you. Hopefully I'll be back on the road soon :)
You are definitely not stupid, we all make mistakes. You have come a far way, remember when you had just started you were very nervous and timid?
For you to cycle on busy and dangerous roads deserves a great deal of respect from me.

MS.

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
Glad you made it! You still shocked about it I suppose. I had a close call but it is amazing isn't it how many close calls we get when we should 't be...
Sorry to hear about spill CL:(

I nearly fell into a canal a few months back by stupidly trying to steer out of rut with the wrong tyres.

All I got was bruised knee and a bit muddy:oops:

Take care out here;)
Thank you :)

You are definitely not stupid, we all make mistakes. You have come a far way, remember when you had just started you were very nervous and timid?
For you to cycle on busy and dangerous roads deserves a great deal of respect from me.

MS.
Thank you for the encouragement. Yes I have definitely come a long way but I've also started taking risks and I need to stop. I jumped a red light today for the first time ever during my morning commute. This has been a wake up call.

Reactions: mountainsport

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
Don't get complacent whatever you ride - I usually ride a 150mph Honda but a couple of years back I face-planted on my pushbike when the front wheel skidded on some student sick on a cycle path through my local uni during freshers week. Thankfully my dentist was able to stick the broken tooth back in… Lesson learnt to always ensure you wear clean kecks and brush your teeth ;-)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I am pleased your lesson is gentle.
Looks likeTo fast and not enough brake.

Please be careful and don't jump lights. Cars kill cyclists. Or serious injury.
They just get extra dents.

Hugs to make you feel better.

My last two accidents were.
Fell off cutting up onto a pavement and the wheel slipped sideways. D,oh
And car drove onto cycle path in front of me. Couldn't break in time and totalled the bike and me. $€%^$€ 4*4s

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Thank you :)

Thank you for the encouragement. Yes I have definitely come a long way but I've also started taking risks and I need to stop. I jumped a red light today for the first time ever during my morning commute. This has been a wake up call.
Now your taking the urine.
Sorry, did not want to swear so I decided to water it down slightly.:oops:

MS.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'm mostly offroad, and even so, I have about one accident per year (I count it as an accident if I come off the bike and hit the ground), and every time it's because I did something stupid. One of my finest was, I got the bike out of the car, unfolded it ready to set off. But. when I put the handlebars on, I had the front (motor) wheel back to front.

So I sat in the saddle, kicked off to go forwards, gave it some throttle to get me going, the motor sent me backwards, and I immediately hit the ground, it being difficult to balance when going backwards, and impossible to balance going backwards when you were expecting to go forwards.

No damage done, fortunately.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I chuckled when I read this :p

Reactions: superDove

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
So I sat in the saddle, kicked off to go forwards, gave it some throttle to get me going, the motor sent me backwards
Good job you had your feet off the ground or else we could have been watching you star on Channel 4's Embarrassing Bodies.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Good to know you are ok.

Since I started commuting for 28 miles per day I could not believe the brake could be wore so quickly until I nearly fell off the bike. I check my brakes regularly just to make sure they both work

Hope you get well soon. If u need anything just ask :)

Pat

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
You have my utmost admiration on several counts, you are prepared to take up the challenge of cycling through traffic that would scare me to death, you have shared your experiences good and bad, you have accepted your little accident was your own fault and been prepared to learn from it and you haven't given up after what must have been a scary and embarrassing incident.
I'm somewhat older now but wish I'd had your moral fibre when I was your age.
We all need wake up calls now and again.:)
Dave.

CorpusLuteum

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2014
You have my utmost admiration on several counts, you are prepared to take up the challenge of cycling through traffic that would scare me to death, you have shared your experiences good and bad, you have accepted your little accident was your own fault and been prepared to learn from it and you haven't given up after what must have been a scary and embarrassing incident.
I'm somewhat older now but wish I'd had your moral fibre when I was your age.
We all need wake up calls now and again.:)
Dave.
This made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you so much. You're awesome :)

And thank you to everyone else too. Apart from a swollen lip, I feel fine this morning and the neck pain seems to have gone.