Cycling Etiquette

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And much more itspeteinit. There's still a few hatchbacks on the market that take about 16 seconds to 60, and the Fiat Seicento takes 20 seconds on a good day with a light driver. Fact is that few drivers have the skills to achieve those road tester's best figures anyway.

I'm always fond of saying to owners of BMWs and the like in the crowded South East that their car is only as fast as the slowest one in front! :)

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
Road Coutesy

Yes flecc - that's more or less my thinking about Ferraris - "Traffic is a great leveller - never mind speed cameras":)
Its peteinit

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I do have some wicked fun with one old type speed camera in my area. Where I right turn into my estate this speed camera at that junction catches plenty. When a fast car is approaching from the other direction and I'm there, I try to time my pass across the back of it to coincide with the car crossing the hatched lines and often get my photo taken side view, masking the number plate of course.

I can imagine the image examining officer thinking, "It's that b****y cyclist again!" :D

Life can be such great fun! ;)

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Un-lit cyclists

ha ha... loved this Flecc, you rebel.

I do have some wicked fun with one old type speed camera in my area. Where I right turn into my estate this speed camera at that junction catches plenty. When a fast car is approaching from the other direction and I'm there, I try to time my pass across the back of it to coincide with the car crossing the hatched lines and often get my photo taken side view, masking the number plate of course.

I can imagine the image examining officer thinking, "It's that b****y cyclist again!" :D

Life can be such great fun! ;)
Like Russ, i am amazed at how little effort people make to get themselves seen at night, no lights, no reflectors, dark clothing. Why don't they realise the danger they're in ? but mention it and you get a load of abuse.

Having been knocked off many years ago, and badly hurt, i take all possible measures to 'get noticed', high visibility reflective jacket, reflective strips on the back of my shoes and bags, 3 rear lamps, 2 flashing, three front lamps, pedal reflectors, and wheel reflectors, Probably looks like a xmas tree coming down the road, but i still get drivers say ' i just didn't see you....'

what else can you do ?

beeps

Last edited:

redalpha3

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2006
i take all possible measures to 'get noticed', high visibility reflective jacket, reflective strips on the back of my shoes and bags, 3 rear lamps, 2 flashing, three front lamps, pedal reflectors, and wheel reflectors, Probably looks like a xmas tree coming down the road, but i still get drivers say ' i just didn't see you....'

what else can you do ?

beeps
Heh, heh! Very familiar tale! I suppose you could drag a trailer with a generator and piercing arc lamps front and rear. They would then complain about being blinded!!:D