Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Noise is the bane of my photographic life, which is why most shoot at ISO 100 to 50 (if available)... but for the odd indispensible shot snapped unintentionally noisily, I recommend this:

Topaz is not perfect, but has saved my hide on many an occasion! In use, you can use it as an intermediary layer to reduce noise in specified areas, rather than simply applying it to the whole photo, and there are a great many controls available in photoshop besides, to further fine tune. It's enabled me to salvage photos for magazine prints.
Thanks, it's unlikely I'll need Topaz often for my web application, but nice to know for those occasions.

Being in my late eighties now, much of my experience is from the days of film and while loving digital's convenenience, I'm critical of it's shortcomings in terms of the sensor performances with noise and colour inaccuracies.

• Agree
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thanks, it's unlikely I'll need Topaz often for my web application, but nice to know for those occasions.

Being in my late eighties now, much of my experience is from the days of film and while loving digital's convenenience I'm critical of it's shortcomings in terms of the sensor performances with noise and colour inaccuracies.
I agree - Digital is rubbish. I frequently have to turn up the brightness and contrast when watching anything not shot on film - chemical colour rendition is far more punchy (also often wildly inaccurate), and has (until very recently) greater dynamic range. Film also doesn't have to degrade images to reduce memory use, or flatter the onscreen talent via smoothing of complexions, as Arris do:

With film, you get punchy deep colour detail, warts and all. Again, for detail Topaz is extremely useful:

I'm a Topaz fan. With Topaz Detail you can (sort-of) make digital images look like they were shot on film - this includes video, if you process every frame one at a time, after exporting as muliple images.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Being in my late eighties now, much of my experience is from the days of film and while loving digital's convenenience, I'm critical of it's shortcomings in terms of the sensor performances with noise and colour inaccuracies.
Age is just a number, it's important to keep learning (I think) to maintain brain plasticity - but your photos look great anyway.

• Agree

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
vaccine means cure it does not meat the definition of the word so it is a treatment same as the flue jab or anything else like that covid 19 is a virus and not a disease like cancer ect.

now lets go back to 2017 and look at this report.

In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients.

now lets see what the government says about this covid virus as a hcid.

Now that more is known about COVID-19, the public health bodies in the UK have reviewed the most up to date information about COVID-19 against the UK HCID criteria. They have determined that several features have now changed; in particular, more information is available about mortality rates (low overall)

no human trials have been done on these mrna drugs ever and if they was that good for these sorts of viruses why was they never trialed in the first place and replaced the flu jab makes no sense what so ever.

mnra vaccines was developed to cure things as cancer it did not work and they spent 5 billion on it and dumped it in 2017.

so the truth is no one knows what this will do in the years to come as never been used b4 and for good reason as the report says.

FINALLY, an MP has challenged the government on the horrific levels of Covid vaccine damage recorded under the Yellow Card Scheme run by our watchdog, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). It currently shows 1,632 deaths and 360,000 injuries since December 1, 2020, far more than any vaccine in the past.

You'll feel better with vaccine in your veins!

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I was trying to debunk a whole bunch of vaccine conspiracy theories over the phone today, and joked about how Probenacid was being suppressed to prevent the Illuninati to stop them getting any (famous for meat, wine, orgies and gout), but now that guy thinks I'm somehow connected to the Illuminati. I also joked that my Windows computer hasn't crashed since I got vaccinated, because of Bill Gate's chip in my brain, and he believed that too, till I told him I was joking. Antisocial media is a hazardous menace for some people in particular. When scared, people don't know what information source to trust, and with such a confusing set of conflicting information actively pushed at them on Antisocial media especially, it's easy to see why. In this new, greatly expanded media age everyone is their own publisher, and for some reason, it appears that nobody hides their crazy on the internet.

I only have two data points but Ivermectin > parasites, Probenacid > beer & meat... the trajectory for "Finding" old drugs to treat Covid, seems to be heading towards treatments for diseases acquired during more fun activities: Some cheap and widely available drug for VD will be next.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Age is just a number, it's important to keep learning (I think) to maintain brain plasticity
Absolutely, I've never stopped learning and enjoy it, looking for every opportunity to learn more of what is factual.

The letdown with age though is the physical side, in my case my heart is very limiting, it's in the family on my mother's side. She had a mechanical replacement heart valve at 64, pushing her out to 78 at death. My brother had an animal valve replacement at 78, colon cancer at 83 and died at 87. Father had bladder cancer blighting his early eighties which eventually killed him.

With healthy active living and a sensible diet I'm at 85 with nothing like those. But as said, severely limited with the amount I can walk or work now without pushing me into a minor heart attack, which for someone naturally active is frustrating.

Reactions: guerney

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Some ineresting stuff coming out of the whistlebower organisation Project Veritas. The woman shows her actual health service ID and the footage looks pretty authentic to me. It's just one whistleblower in one location, but the info is worth keeping at the back of your mind. It says pt1, so presumably more to come.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

Any statement on Wikipedia is only as good, as the reference it cites to support it. In my experience it's usually well curated (that process can be a little slow at times - volunteers vary in quality), but the rise of very authentic looking fake news has been challenging, unless you go digging for the provenance of the sources, which most never do... or in terms of domains, know how to. It's absurdly easy to set up a credible looking news "Source", easy to target specific groups of likely useful users on Facebook and other ani-social media to push that "News" to, creating an echo chamber of congruent views which mostly all support each other... then it infects more people. Mind viruses are everywhere and developing some kind of Mind Antivirus is helpful to eradicate it. Sometimes though, just as on a PC, it becomes endemic and can't be removed without reformatting, or through the application Electroconvulsive Therapy or somesuch.

As for Google manipulating it's extremely valuable search algorithm to provide anything other than unbiased (it's a vast algorithm almost exclusively run by billions of grey boxes, not humans, because humans are expensive) likely useful organic search results for short term gain of some sort: Their fortunes in the organic searh space were founded and built on providing exactly that, as is their future - you can bet your bottom dollar that they are extremely unlikely to sabotage their present or future by tinkering with the search algorithm in the organic search space, which has made them so valuable. Undoing such damage would be very hard, as many of the major useful metrics used relate to historical data. However, ads on Google can be bought by anyone. Similar technology when applied in the anti-social media space though, needs to be skewed towards maximising profits in that arena - and that means identifying financially useful extreme views and delivering extreme content to specific groups of users, analysing and tweaking for best financial performance and clicks, then delivering more, in an endless feedback loop creating strange anomalous groupings of bloody odd people, the likes of which have never been seen before in any great number, who previously have had very limited space to grow and take root. The damn alien conspiracy lot are a good example.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Some ineresting stuff coming out of the whistlebower organisation Project Veritas. The woman shows her actual health service ID and the footage looks pretty authentic to me. It's just one whistleblower in one location, but the info is worth keeping at the back of your mind. It says pt1, so presumably more to come.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients.

it was so good it never even made human trials and was dumped as did not work.

more ppl have been killed buy the so called vaccine than ppl in my age range with no underlying health problems with covid.

this vaccine has killed more ppl in history than any other b4 it and yet the numbers still rise.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

it was so good it never even made human trials and was dumped as did not work.

more ppl have been killed buy the so called vaccine than ppl in my age range with no underlying health problems with covid.

this vaccine has killed more ppl in history than any other b4 it and yet the numbers still rise.

Do you want to become a variant factory SW?

Wouldn't you rather:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
corona viruses have been mutating for millions of years and was only first discovered in the 1920s with the first electron microscope.

no cure has ever been made and never will because the way these things mutate in nature.

and why would a failed drug make any difference to mental health is a load of *******.

the dwp tried to send me on a confidence boosting course and said it was mandatory or else.

the provider demanded i sign there contracts and i refused dwp tried to enforce a sanction doubt so took then to tribunal, the dwp lost ion 9 mins.

my wc and line manager got the sack for gross misconduct yay confidence boosted well the course was called its in my hands lmfao.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
corona viruses have been mutating for millions of years and was only first discovered in the 1920s with the first electron microscope.

no cure has ever been made and never will because the way these things mutate in nature.

and why would a failed drug make any difference to mental health is a load of *******.

the dwp tried to send me on a confidence boosting course and said it was mandatory or else.

the provider demanded i sign there contracts and i refused dwp tried to enforce a sanction doubt so took then to tribunal, the dwp lost ion 9 mins.

my wc and line manager got the sack for gross misconduct yay confidence boosted well the course was called its in my hands lmfao.
After vaccination, you will be largely immune to death by coronavirus, but you might suffer a bit if infected by the coronavirus, but not for nearly as long. Imagine not being able to ride your bike because of Long Covid...

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

You're not going to be able to dodge infection for the next 20 years that this troublesome virus will be around worldwide. Your best long term plan would be to get regularly vaccinated, as new better ones become available. But it's your choice. This might be why totalitarian regimes may ultimately prevail post-pandemic - they have better control over their peoples.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can have 2 jabs and you can still catch it transmit it and die from it fact.

what you going to do take a new jab every 6 months lol when the research shows it is toxic to humans if to much is used!

go take 20 does in one hit it will cure everything because you will be dead.

and i got loads of these yet im still not dead lol

https://flic.kr/p/2k5CNuc
i have not worn a face mask once not on the bus not anywhere as no one does round here and never have and still not got it.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
you can have 2 jabs and you can still catch it transmit it and die from it fact.

what you going to do take a new jab every 6 months lol when the research shows it is toxic to humans if to much is used!

go take 20 does in one hit it will cure everything because you will be dead.

Unvaccinated, the average death rate from Covid-19 is about 1 in 50 in the UK. You're more likely to die from a shark attack or lightning strike than from a vaccination.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the avg range of death from covid is over 80 so im half way there.

i have a thing called a immune system and it is working fine so i dont need to use a experimental drug no one knows what it will do long term.

the jcvi told the government not to give it to kids yet was over ruled sp it is there agenda to get it in to as many ppl as they can.

yet ppl on universal credit face homelessness food and heat poverty and a rise in ni for those that work and a £20 a week cut to uc.

poverty ends with death and the dwp will kill more than any virus will you just wait and see the $**** storm that is coming.

so where is the vaccine for this then cos the government dont give a $hit and yet another question to avoid to answer.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
the avg range of death from covid is over 80 so im half way there.
Unvaccinated at 40, it's around 1 in 200. Exponential, like so many things - the older you get, the worse your odds become. At 51, about 1 in 62.5, At 72, about 1 in 10.8, At 80, it's about 1 in 6.7, etc.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015