Cyclotricity 1000w cruiser conversion

Forge Custom

Pedelecer
May 14, 2016
Dorset
IMG_2372.JPG

Just thought I'd give some feedback on my Cyclotricity 1000w conversion.

Obviously not your normal bike here, but my tribute to the various WWII BSA's, Nortons, James etc.

Obviously weighs a few pounds but I paired the motor with a 48v 14.5ah (Panasonic 18650 cells) from Jimmy at BGA-Reworking and thus far - it's been amazing.

Had a 12 mile run pretty much exclusively on the thumb throttle and she purred along.

The only slight frustration is not really knowing what's left in the tank. Wondering if I can use a Cycle Analyst with the Cyclotricity kit. Has anyone done that? I've had a good 20 miles out of the initial charge but charged up before the next run just in case.

But as I say, given the weight, there's some fairly hefty strain on the kit I should think but it pulls like a train.

Long may it last.

Cheers

Matt

P.S. Next project underway. Panda mid drive to a Marin Pine Mountain MTB with 27.5+ wheels. I started a thread on here about it around a year ago when I was thinking of doing it with a rear hub conversion. But it turned out nobody, anywhere does a 27.5+ wheel with 36 holes in. So mid drive it is. Fairly set on Panda but open to suggestions.

Reactions: fatwomble and Kenny

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
You can use a Cycle Analyst with ANY ebike.
Get the SA (stand alone) version and simply connect the supplied shunt to the wires between battery and controller.

Reactions: Forge Custom

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Don't waste your money on the cheap blue eBay ones as they don't last long.
I have a few GT Power Meters and although not completely accurate,they are close enough and have lasted nearly 3 years now.
I did blow one yesterday after putting 115 volts through it!
My fault entirely.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
OK, FC. I obviously need to get new glasses.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
may be worth relacing a 27.5 motor wheel into a new 27.5+ rim. I reckon you can re-use the same spokes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The problem is finding a 27.5+ rim with 36 holes in. Every single one in existence has 32 holes.
yes, you did say in your first post. Apology.