Dahon vybe d7 folding bike

blinkerz

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2017
Kent
Does anyone have recommendations on a rear wheel conversion kit that would suit a folding bike.. ideally for the dehon vybe d7.

My use base is for 10min journey mixed with a hill, so idealy lightweight with some torque.

Is it possible to have a set up to allow throttle only or is this too much expectations with folding and lightweight.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

The Xiongda YTW-06 would be perfect. you have to build it into a wheel yourself (bonnie@xiongdamotor.com.cn). Get a rear wheel motor rather than a front one. Check with them that they have a high-speed one for a 20" wheel. I guess they do because I've seen one in the Swytch kit. Alternatively, you can sign up for a Swytch kit and wait for deliveries to commence.

You can run with only a throttle, but you'll like it a lot more with a pedal sensor.

blinkerz

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2017
Kent
Where is the best place to get 20" rims. Ive been reading and watching the process for lacing wheels, but unsure of suppliers.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
I've put Q100's in our 20" folders. I can handle a variety of batteries, but I prefer small 36V4AH (20 cells) and 36V8AH packs (30 cells)t hat fit in bags off the rear seat.

If I had to do another one, I would also try the Xiongda motor. The website says they have one with the proper rpm for the smaller 20" wheel.

blinkerz

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2017
Kent
With the recommended motor above YTW-06.

This requires rear OLD 135mm. Does anyone know if dahon.. vybe d7 will accept this hub or is the frame not wide enough.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

With the recommended motor above YTW-06.

This requires rear OLD 135mm. Does anyone know if dahon.. vybe d7 will accept this hub or is the frame not wide enough.

Thanks
Take your wheel off and measure the distance between the drop-outs.