Dangerous cycling conviction

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
We have often heard the term bandied about but this is the first prosecution I have heard of.......
Grandfather who rode down road with dog guilty of dangerous cycling http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2865549/Grandfather-rode-road-dog-tethered-bicycle-guilty-DANGEROUS-CYCLING.html @MailOnline
According to the copper, the dog was on the off side of the cyclist, close to the white centre line, hence the traffic jam.

The copper also remarked the job could have been dealt with by a way of a caution, but the awkward attitude of the cyclist prevented that.

I see from the Mail's story, the cyclist feels the need to have three surveillance cameras pointing out of his house.

This could merely indicate the lawless nature of some inhabitants of Clitheroe in Lancashire.

But it could also indicate some things about the occupant of the house.

Reactions: oriteroom and flecc

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
According to the copper, the dog was on the off side of the cyclist, close to the white centre line, hence the traffic jam.

The copper also remarked the job could have been dealt with by a way of a caution, but the awkward attitude of the cyclist prevented that.

I see from the Mail's story, the cyclist feels the need to have three surveillance cameras pointing out of his house.

This could merely indicate the lawless nature of some inhabitants of Clitheroe in Lancashire.

But it could also indicate some things about the occupant of the house.
I have four surveillance cameras on my property. What does that say about me? :)

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have 8 cctv cameras on my farm.
Shall I leave now? LOL

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
I have 8 cctv cameras on my farm.
Shall I leave now? LOL
I also live in a rural area which although very pleasant makes you very vulnerable (as you will know). There is only one person responsible for your safety and you see him/her in the mirror every morning.;)

Reactions: Kinninvie

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Probably like me you are a bit paranoid perhaps......:cool:
Many years ago when my children were little my wife came down stairs to find an intruder in the kitchen. I was woken by her screaming and ran down the stairs. The intruder had run out of the house by now, I ran outside but could not see anyone. As you can imagine my wife was in a state of shock (physically sick) and my three children sat at the top of the stairs crying.That same day I went and bought a pick axe handle and it is still beside my bed 30 years later. Paranoid, maybe, but I'm ready for the next bXXXXXd.:D

Reactions: Gubbins

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have four surveillance cameras on my property. What does that say about me? :)
You've spent so much on security you've nothing else worth nicking so they'll nick the cameras?

Last edited:

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I also live in a rural area which although very pleasant makes you very vulnerable (as you will know). There is only one person responsible for your safety and you see him/her in the mirror every morning.;)
I wish he'd keep out of the bloody bathroom when I'm shaving though.

Reactions: Hugh

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Our next door neighbour is the guy that started the Farmwatch scheme off (got his MBE the other week) and so we get police at his house most days so this helps with security as well.

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Our next door neighbour is the guy that started the Farmwatch scheme off (got his MBE the other week) and so we get police at his house most days so this helps with security as well.
It's been a long time since I saw a policeman around here. Do they still wear those big tall cone hats?:)

Reactions: Kinninvie

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Since criminals swappeed from coshing them to stabbing or shooting them, they've swapped those for bullet proof vests.