Dawes Boost Suburbia

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Hello, popped in again for a view on the Dawes Boost Suburbia at £999.

Dawes Cycles - Boost Suburbia Gents

Cycle2Work scheme is on again and I think it's between this and a Powabyke 24 for a colleague who has asked for some advice.

It's been a while since my Mistral went to a new home so I'm a little behind with electrics but the Dawes seems a very decent bit of kit for the cash, remember it'll only work out at about £600 all in on the scheme.

Thanks, from a MAMIL who nods and smiles at electric bikers :cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The spec looks reasonable with competent parts and throttle override will be useful. Given the price and the full size battery, I'd plump for the Dawes out of those two.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Yep, the Dawes looks good: competition for our Sport XR 14 (less money, lower centre of gravity...)

SEATALTEA

Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2008
Yep, the Dawes looks good: competition for our Sport XR 14 (less money, lower centre of gravity...)
Juicy you need to be here https://cycle2work.secure.force.com/siteadvicecentrebrand so that the Gov scheme members can get to you.

I like the look of the XR16 myself, quite a powerful bike I would think but it needs to be £1000.

I should clarify, the scheme run by the NHS and others who use Halfords as their cycle provider and don't deal with independents directly.

Last edited: