Decathlon ROCKRIDER E-ST500 Electric Mountain Bike General thread

urgi

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 7, 2020
Taken e-bike for 1st ride around block 5mls to adjust all what need it and I have to say is OK but speed limit to 25km/h find to low.

I can manage easily travelling speed 27-30 km/h and PAS is OFF - pushing from 0 by 250W motor to speed 25 km/h is good help but now I am going to look for some speed remover.

Anyone have any idea how to TRICK THUN 128 torque converter ? Or shut I focus for controller?

A my research for now looks like is 5 pin THUN 128 THUN 128.PNG with analog 0-5V torque signal and PWM for cadence 1/2

Controller looks like this from E-ST 500 V2 controller V2.PNG but is inside metal case on my V1 ebike
- tomorrow I will look inside if is and mods available

BTW anyone know what for is connector in red circle ? This-one is not connected to anywhere...
Maybe brake switch?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Thedusty0

urgi

Mar 7, 2020
As I promised yesterday I opened today regulator and what unpleasant surprise
We can forget to any modes on BTWIN decathlon bikes...

Is full of resin glue and no chance to back engineering :mad:

Only want I able to do change in setting my wheel size from 28'' to 24'' which I hope increase some max speed but I guess will be in theory 14.82 % to max = 28.75 km/h

Anyone have any idea what is dual connector which is not plugged anywhere ?

Just wondering if rear wheel transmitting speed signal to controller and I will copy this signal and make ½ of it by DIY electronic circuit max speed shut be increased to max limit of the motor (250W 42N.m) and actual state of battery hmmm.

Anyone any thoughts ...

here are some pictures :

2020-03-08 12.11.31.jpg
cover out from top all is ALU case screwed to chassy

2020-03-08 12.15.01.jpg
only one sticker on regulator but google dint find anything 1846 P217-00005 Hyena

2020-03-08 12.17.15.jpg 2020-03-08 12.17.19.jpg
All electronic is full of resin glue to avoid manipulation

2020-03-08 12.25.35.jpg 2020-03-08 12.30.22.jpg
connectors to LCD and to the torque sensor

Last edited:

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
You might have more luck in the speed pedelec sub-forum.
Most of the posters in the general forum either don't know or don't want to know much about dongling etc.

Reactions: mike killay

urgi

Mar 7, 2020
Thx for info I will contact admin to try move it ;)

Thedusty0

Just Joined
Apr 1, 2020
As I promised yesterday I opened today regulator and what unpleasant surprise
We can forget to any modes on BTWIN decathlon bikes...

Is full of resin glue and no chance to back engineering :mad:

Only want I able to do change in setting my wheel size from 28'' to 24'' which I hope increase some max speed but I guess will be in theory 14.82 % to max = 28.75 km/h

Anyone have any idea what is dual connector which is not plugged anywhere ?

Just wondering if rear wheel transmitting speed signal to controller and I will copy this signal and make ½ of it by DIY electronic circuit max speed shut be increased to max limit of the motor (250W 42N.m) and actual state of battery hmmm.

Anyone any thoughts ...

here are some pictures :

View attachment 34253
cover out from top all is ALU case screwed to chassy

View attachment 34254
only one sticker on regulator but google dint find anything 1846 P217-00005 Hyena

View attachment 34255 View attachment 34256
All electronic is full of resin glue to avoid manipulation

View attachment 34257 View attachment 34258
connectors to LCD and to the torque sensor
Might help keeping it waterproofed

urgi

Mar 7, 2020
Can anything be done about the limiter?

for now only I changed in settings to smallest possible tyre in setting to 24 '' which increase speed to cca 28 km/h

I think to find speed signal from rear wheel and adapt it with R/C generator and bike will think I travel 17.5 km/h and will push more...

Last edited:

Thedusty0

Just Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Sweet is that in the settings? And what's the 2pin black connector that's been circled in your picture? Off the controller

urgi

Mar 7, 2020
Yes I find same but looks like this is service menu for torque sensors no much you can set there

2pin connector no idea

NigeUK

Just Joined
May 26, 2020
Hi, I have owned one of these (v1) for last 3 months and it’s been great. Yesterday the motor stopped working, which looking at reviews is a common problem due to water ingress. I am unable to contact Decathlon so does anyone know how I can rectify. I know it’s either the controller or bottom bracket sensor but not sure what to do. The motor and battery are all good as it works fine in push mode and did start working again briefly a couple of times yesterday. Problem started after I washed the bike.

Jefjb

Just Joined
Sep 3, 2020
Hello,
I have Riverside 500 E with Hyena controler
what are the differences between:
- the release 1 and 2 for the motor
- screen v1 and V2,
- controller 1 and 2

what is the benefits to upgrade from V1 (screen and controller) to the V2 version?

Attachments

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
Hello,
I have Riverside 500 E with Hyena controler
what are the differences between:
- the release 1 and 2 for the motor
- screen v1 and V2,
- controller 1 and 2

what is the benefits to upgrade from V1 (screen and controller) to the V2 version?
How old is your riverside? I wasn’t aware there were two different versions!

Jefjb

Just Joined
Sep 3, 2020
My bike was bought in june last year.

And you, how old has your bike and what is the version of your screen, controller and motor?
Maybe take photos

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
I got mine in august this year, I have the same components as the rock rider above but with a larger display

Ondrej

Just Joined
Dec 13, 2020
Hello there, I ordered the Riverside 500 E (beautiful bike IMO) and while I am waiting for the delivery, I am trying to find out info about repairability.

Do any of you know if:
  • the battery case could be disassembled (to build a new battery pack)
  • the controller compartment would fit different controller (the "standard" size you can get everywhere)
Thanks a lot for replies.

Reactions: gsm.terra

gsm.terra

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2020
Edinburgh
It is indeed a beautiful bike!
as for repairability, the battery seems to be sealed and would void your warranty. I’m not sure about the controller, yet I’m sure you could buy a housing if you were to replace it. Enjoy your new bike!

Reactions: Ondrej

calindro

Just Joined
Dec 24, 2020
for now only I changed in settings to smallest possible tyre in setting to 24 '' which increase speed to cca 28 km/h

I think to find speed signal from rear wheel and adapt it with R/C generator and bike will think I travel 17.5 km/h and will push more...
Hi, how do you set tyre in setting? Can you explain me the procedure? Thanks I Have e st100 .

Last edited:

etienne5

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2020

Hello Urgi,

Any luck with modifying the speed signal from the rear wheel hub? I would like to raise assist limit of E-ST 500...

Thanks in advance