Decent e-bikes in £800-£999 price range?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
what models are now available in this price range but with a reasonable dealership, customer service and stock levels? I know Alien have a good reputation (although haven't their prices risen recently after the stock shortages)?

There also appear to be the models the Chinese guy up North mentioned, and various others mentioned here but I've not heard as much about dealers (prefereably in SE or Eastern England) and reliability/service.

The reason I ask is a lot of my younger friends are now thinking "e-bikes are a cool idea" - many balk at spending the price of a Wisper or Panasonic bike but can afford bikes in £800-£900 price range...

MAB

Pedelecer
May 12, 2010
Cycle City UK aka Cambridge
what models are now available in this price range but with a reasonable dealership, customer service and stock levels? I know Alien have a good reputation (although haven't their prices risen recently after the stock shortages)?

There also appear to be the models the Chinese guy up North mentioned, and various others mentioned here but I've not heard as much about dealers (prefereably in SE or Eastern England) and reliability/service.

The reason I ask is a lot of my younger friends are now thinking "e-bikes are a cool idea" - many balk at spending the price of a Wisper or Panasonic bike but can afford bikes in £800-£900 price range...
Maybe this might appeal? Looks like an absolute bargin to my mind and not that far from your location.

Schwinn Tailwind electric bike.

Brand new.2010.Ladies and gents.

Fantastic Toshiba battery which charges fully in 20 mins.

RRP £2500 approx.

Cannondale are subsidising this bike to work their way into the marketplace, which is why you see them at the low price of £1200-1299 in most bike shops.

I am going one better and offering them at £999.
Come and take a ride

Chris's Bikes (Girton, Cambridge) - a Cambridge Bike Shop with Great Deals on New Bikes like Giant and Dawes. Also bicycle repairs and servicing; hire bikes; mobile servicing. Bicycle parts, accessories and clothing for sale.

Regards,

Mike.

MAB

Pedelecer
May 12, 2010
Cycle City UK aka Cambridge

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Ah, point taken. Maybe I should have thought before jumping the gun! :eek: Did seem too good to true and looking on the Schwinn website the battery is still only 5ah!

Regards,

Mike.
the 20 minute charging battery is a bit of a give away:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
the 20 minute charging battery is a bit of a give away:)
It's an SCiB battery, designed for car use with rapid charging during journeys. The downside is high bulk with low capacity, and its not suitable for e-bike use. Schwinn USA do love gimmicks though.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com

Very early days but I'm delighted so far with both the performance of my new Juicy Bike 'Classic' and especially with the support of the dealers, Bob & Sarah Wales, of Eco Republic in Buxton. Full report in a couple of hundred miles!
Tom
Had to buy two - Joyce wanted one! (£700 each.)

jameshanley1

Just Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Again early days, but I just purchased two urban folding bikes from juicy bike at about £700 each- from the same shop Eco Republic in Buxton.
They're surprisingly good for the price- we've been testing the range on them recently on our hols cycling around the peaks and they haven't failed us once.
Certainly something to consider if you're looking at that price range.

websites :: Juicy Bike :: stylish electric bikes and scooters :: but you can try them if you're anywhere near buxton.

So far i would definitely recommend them! And also intend to write a full review in another month or so.

James