Decisions

Staffordshirehills

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Thanks to the advice from this forum I have been to test drive some bikes today. The first was a cyclotricity stealth which seemed smooth and easy to ride, made me smile and seems great value. Next was a Batribike Granite pro which was very comfortable then a BH emotion neo, which was super sensitive and seems a very well made bike and really speedy. Has any one got an opinion on these three? I don't mind spending a little more if I get a much better bike but otherwise the cyclotricity seemed great.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The Stealth has a 9ah battery.

Your original spec mentioned more than 20 miles in hilly conditions.

These two statements are not compatible.

As you've discovered, most modern ebikes ride quite nicely.

Unless you are never going to do more than a few miles at a time, battery capacity is the most important consideration.

So it's either a bike with a big enough battery, or factor in the cost/faff of carrying a spare.

The Stealth with a spare battery would do the job.

Reactions: Staffordshirehills

Staffordshirehills

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for the advice. Well, the deed is done - having test driven the 3 and looking at my needs, I have decided on the KTMecross p. It should be delivered on Wednesday but with work commitments I won't be able to put her through the paces until next week. I hope I've made a good decision!

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
From my experience of riding the KTM e-cross P you have made the right choice, and certainly over the BH.

It's a very versatile bike, and able to do far more than it's marketed use.

There is a growing number of KTM users on the forum, and I'm also currently in the throws of sourcing one, now that the BH has been taken back. I also have two friends who are each now considering purchasing KTM e-mtb's :)
I'll be a starting a KTM Corner thread any time soon. :)

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
Another voice echoing your great choice.I have the same Panasonic hub on my KTM eLycan P and I think it's fantastic. I've done about 250 miles on mine to date, including riding lots of off road trails and tracks so the bike has had a right pounding to break it in. It's behaving flawlessly so far and I haven't had to adjust anything. When Eddie starts the 'KTM Corner' thread please post a picture and let us know what you think. :)

Reactions: EddiePJ

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks for the advice. Well, the deed is done - having test driven the 3 and looking at my needs, I have decided on the KTMecross p. It should be delivered on Wednesday but with work commitments I won't be able to put her through the paces until next week. I hope I've made a good decision!
Can't go far wrong with that.

I think the 2015 KTM Panasonic bikes have a bigger battery, about 560wh compared to just over 400.

That would make a difference, but you are still getting useful extra range compared to the Stealth, and a much nicer bicycle.

Staffordshirehills

Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2014
Looking forward to the KTM corner. Again, thanks everyone for your time and advice, it's been really helpful. If I take to the KTM, I may look to a conversion on my Trek Navigator 3. Andy at the cycle superstore thought it would be fine for a conversion. Both me and hubby could go for a whizz about then.

Reactions: TinKitten