Help! Derestricting Oxygen S-Cross MTB Mk2?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Sorry, also sent this on email, but not sure whether it should have been put on here instead- attached is a screenshot of the settings, plus details of the motor that’s (apparently) fitted, and a copy of the instructions for the display....(might help with deciphering the display pic!)

Attachments

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Sorry, also sent this on email, but not sure whether it should have been put on here instead- attached is a screenshot of the settings, plus details of the motor that’s (apparently) fitted, and a copy of the instructions for the display....(might help with deciphering the display pic!)
Just noticed another thing- for unknown reasons (it was getting dark!)
, I had the green and blue motor wires connected up the wrong way around, and am sincerely hoping I haven't cocked something up, as it's not behaving any differently with them having now been swapped back?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
P1 according to the 1:4:83 gear ratio x 15 motor magnets should be about 72 or 73.
P2 will be 1 or 6, if you freewheel and no speed is recorded then use the other value not selected.
P3/1 for current control.
C1 will be 0 or 1 for the 8 pole disc.
C2 might help with sync, 0 is default setting though you can try the others to see if they make a difference.

What type of connector is used for the motor halls to the controller ?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks, I'll try those settings later on. I used bullet type connectors on the both the motor and the hall wires (as per pic). Wiring-wise, I also shortened both the display and the throttle cables,soldered the wires back together and used waterproof cable shrink sleeves (as space is limited), and both of those seem to be working fine.

Attachments

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Just tried your settings, (screenshot attached) and now it runs perfectly, thanks!
All I have to do now is connect the PAS when it comes (hopefully I won't need to change any more settings for this?) As a matter of interest, would it be feasible to use a spare 5v feed (ie unused speed sensor wires) to power a wireless rear view camera, to save having to plug it into a USB socket every time?

Attachments

atheo

Pedelecer
Jul 10, 2011
Beds..
Hi
I have a bpm 500w/48v/throttle/12 magnet pas disc and, ktlcd8h screen,here are my settings....
P1..100
P2...5
P3..1
P4..0
P5..15
C1..3
C2..0
C3..8
C4..0
C5..10
C6..5
C7..0
C8..1
C9..0
C10..N
C11..0
C12..4
C13..0
C14..3

With these settings as guide they may help you.

Last edited:

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks, useful info! I have got it running fine now, and the settings I used are on the attached photo....

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What works for one motor doesn't work for another. For instance gear ratio may be different as might be hub motor winding magnets which is the case with the Oxygen hub. Also the hub/ controller combo default phase setting wasn't liking it.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks, I appreciate that there are different settings for different components, and I wasn't about to try someone else's settings- having got mine running fine now, I'm intending to leave it that way!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks, I appreciate that there are different settings for different components, and I wasn't about to try someone else's settings- having got mine running fine now, I'm intending to leave it that way!
Yes now you have it all up and running fine make sure you save a pic of your settings for future referral.
I wasn't clear in my reply and the answer was too Atheo's post regarding his settings as we know different hubs even from the same manufacturer use different specs.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
As a matter of interest, would it be feasible to use a spare 5v feed (ie unused speed sensor wires) to power a wireless rear view camera, to save having to plug it into a USB socket every time?
No. The current is too high. You'll blow the 5v regulator.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Dearest Hovlev2

Agreed, I hope my last post did not communicate resignation, I will remain in this fight with you. Yes, the motor cut-out is unjust and perhaps even despicable

How is the bike otherwise? Enjoying it? What you expected? Zoomed up any 20 degree gradient hills?

This will be my first ebike, it will hopefully arrive sometime soon

Warm regards, Angry Freak
Have you got your bike yet? I've now got a throttle on mine, and the max speed is adjustable up to 75kmh! My speedo is very optimistically reading up to about 40 mph, so I need to sort my settings out! Anyway, it's now fully functional, and I've also fitted a wireless rear view camera, so I can always see what's going on behind without having to keep turning around! I just did an 8 mile trip in about 25 minutes, which included a couple of sets of roadworks, so not a bad average.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Have you got your bike yet? I've now got a throttle on mine, and the max speed is adjustable up to 75kmh! My speedo is very optimistically reading up to about 40 mph, so I need to sort my settings out! Anyway, it's now fully functional, and I've also fitted a wireless rear view camera, so I can always see what's going on behind without having to keep turning around! I just did an 8 mile trip in about 25 minutes, which included a couple of sets of roadworks, so not a bad average.
Sorry if this rains on your parade, but you can't adjust your speed to 75km/h. That settings is for the speed at which the controller cuts power to the motor. The motor can only spin to maybe 40km/h, no matter how much power you give it. On the road, you might get 32 km/h, after which power will drop off rapidly.

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Not at all! The 75kmh figure is obviously pure fantasy anyway, but at least it doesn't now cut out at 15.5mph any more! Speedo is still miles out though, I was clocking an indicated 40mph this morning- having adjusted wheel size to the largest one, (29" I think), and I can categorically assure you that I wasn't going that fast (probably half of that figure)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The reason for the 75km/h setting is for the faster D/D hubs that can reach 40+ mph like the US market.

Reactions: Hovlev2

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
You'll be OK. you only have to worry about that if something doesn't work.
Hi again, one more query.....!? I've now installed a new PAS sensor, and the LED flashes quite happily when I turn the crank, but there's no pedal assistance, and the 'assist' function doesn't appear on the display, just the 'throttle' one when throttle applied. There are 12 magnets on the PAS, but not sure how/ where I set this value up on the display?

Hovlev2

Pedelecer
Jul 24, 2020
Result! Seems to be working now (at least on the stand!) will try it for real if it ever stops raining, cheers, Mick