Disadvantage of an Electric Bike

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
if you forget its on the roof and it hits a max headroom sign at the Sainsbury car park just as you are about to set off on holiday then its likely that ... well .. you'll do more damage than would otherwise have been done? ... perhaps not... don't know .. haven't really looked but it doesn't look good ... have tools will travel ... sort it out when I get there! ..

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
If your car is not damaged you were lucky - I saw a video clip where the bike was pushed from the roof and entered the car via the back window - looked very expensive. I hope that you have not done any important damage - check your mounts - you (or more accurately those behind you) don't want it taking flight on the motorway.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
if you forget its on the roof and it hits a max headroom sign at the Sainsbury car park just as you are about to set off on holiday then its likely that ... well .. you'll do more damage than would otherwise have been done? ... perhaps not... don't know .. haven't really looked but it doesn't look good ... have tools will travel ... sort it out when I get there! ..
OMG Alan.....how can you drive on and not check ?
You are going to have to face it soon !
I really hope you havent done too much damage and that you and Louise still have a really great holiday.......norfolk isnt it ?

Let us know, and fingers crossed

Lynda

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
classic senior moment doh !
hope it does not spoil the holiday and the bike is ok......

regards

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I went on holiday years ago with 2 X touring bikes on the roof rack. I drove straight under the car port. attached to the bungalow, I'd booked for the week. It sounded bad but the only damage was a few broken spokes.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Thanks all! .. not too much damage and holiday was great. ..Both wheels had loose spokes and wheels were buckled. Bought a spoke key and managed to get them true enough to ride! ....

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Phew, glad the damage wasn't too serious and didn't ruin your holiday!