Disappointed in Scott

And the customers bike does work, its just that he wanted the exact same replacement part, not a similar one. In this case it appears the dealer was let down by the brand, but all is now sorted. KTM
Unfortunately the problem is still not sorted, the part number supplied was for a mudguard not suitable for my Bike ?? my dealer is working on it.
The most frustrating thing is scott have no record of my emails ?? because the only way to contact them via their website is a "contact us" button which takes you to a form to fill in, once you have done this and sent it, you have no proof of the transaction, a system where if they were so minded, all requests deemed trivial to them could be ignored, i'm not saying this was the case,on this occasion, but once you have contacted your dealer and drew a blank, then contacted the manufacturer directly and again drew a blank, you have nowhere else to go so i went public on here and coincidentally things began to progress?
You should have bought a KTM ;) we have a live chat function on our website, that comes though to this office, we answer the phone, and if the phone's here are busy it forwards to mobiles, so we can't miss it, and we do try not to miss emails.

I can't promise to help, but I can try. If you use the live chat function here:

http://www.flidistribution.co.uk/

Contact us and we'll see if KTM use the same mudguards as Scott. A lot of OE (Original equipment) suppliers are the same, so we might have something the same... that we can supply OnBIke for you.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
You should have bought a KTM ;) we have a live chat function on our website, that comes though to this office, we answer the phone, and if the phone's here are busy it forwards to mobiles, so we can't miss it, and we do try not to miss emails.

I can't promise to help, but I can try. If you use the live chat function here:

http://www.flidistribution.co.uk/

Contact us and we'll see if KTM use the same mudguards as Scott. A lot of OE (Original equipment) suppliers are the same, so we might have something the same... that we can supply OnBIke for you.
Wow! Can't say fairer than that! My local shop has started stocking KTM but tbh the ones on display don't look as good as the scott brose along side it, but definately will consider next time I buy.
I must say .. what a great way to plug your brand.

Wow! Can't say fairer than that! My local shop has started stocking KTM but tbh the ones on display don't look as good as the scott brose along side it, but definately will consider next time I buy.
I must say .. what a great way to plug your brand.
The Brose bikes do look good, but I think Bosch have upped their game this year with the PowerTube, so they'll be able to compete on the aesthetics side of things. Also remember, its not just looks that are important on an ebike.

how good do these look!!

But anyway yes, if I can help OnBike help this customer I hope everyone will be happy :)

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Thanks KTM much appreciated, actually i tested on of your hardtails in rotherham earlier this year and was very impressed with it, I almost bought one when i purchased the scott, but prefered the one i bought. next time (next year) i will definitely look closer.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Just out of interest, are the mudguard on your Scott, the coloured one piece one's that have the mounting stays/ bracket moulded onto the main section section of the guard?

I'm only asking as I think a friend had a spare white set, to go with his Sub 8 pedal bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
The Brose bikes do look good, but I think Bosch have upped their game this year with the PowerTube, so they'll be able to compete on the aesthetics side of things. Also remember, its not just looks that are important on an ebike.

how good do these look!!

But anyway yes, if I can help OnBike help this customer I hope everyone will be happy :)
have you got a price for those batts ?

greyfox69

Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2015
ST8 North Staffs
Thanks Eddiepj
No mine are black with an orange stripe and scott written on them, they also have front and rear led lights, I don't know if the lights are integral to the mudguards because nobody has been able to supply one yet :(

D

Deleted member 4366

That graph is not right or our understanding of what it's showing is wrong. It shows the Bosch motor producing 400w at 120 rpm. Bosch say that it produces no power at or above 120 rpm. Where's the 400w coming from. None of the other graphs look right to me, neither does the shape of the Bosch one look right.

Have you got the original source, so I can check whether they're what people think they are?

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
That graph is not right or our understanding of what it's showing is wrong.
.... None of the other graphs look right to me,
As you've probably gathered, I'm really curious about all this stuff!
Take the Yamaha graph. What exactly doesn't look right to you on that one?

Don't read too much into what people on the internet say... there are a lot of "engineers" who seem to think they know best.

Best bet... is ride some. Try them.

Getting the right bike is more important than which motor its got. All the modern motors are good.

What's more important is the bike and the retailer. Get them right and you'll be happy no matter which motor you have.

D

Deleted member 4366

Maximum cadence with drive support is 120rpm - thats for the Bosch performance line.

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/components/drive-unit/

I would expect the power to decrease after 120 which is what the graph indicates.
You mean you'd expect it to be zero at 120 rpm!

Don't read too much into what people on the internet say... there are a lot of "engineers" who seem to think they know best.
And there's guys selling KTMs that haven't a clue about how a motor works, so I wouldn't take too much notice of them.

D

Deleted member 4366

Best bet... is ride some. Try them.

Getting the right bike is more important than which motor its got. All the modern motors are good.

What's more important is the bike and the retailer. Get them right and you'll be happy no matter which motor you have.
And there's guys sell
There's two things that are obviously wrong. The graph of the Bosch CX shows 400w at 120 RPM, when Bosch themselves say it's all over by 120 rpm. Secondly, you have that little tail on the Yamaha's graph at the top of the rpm range. That defies all the laws of physics. The graph can only descend steeper, not slope back. Yamaha's own graph is a completely different shape and finishes at 120 rpm.

You mean you'd expect it to be zero at 120 rpm!

And there's guys selling KTMs that haven't a clue about how a motor works, so I wouldn't take too much notice of them.
Posting about the workings of a motor, isn't what we're about I'm afraid. So we won't get into it. Not posting about it, is not the same as not knowing about it.

My point is... going into the depths of how the motor works is irrelevant and actually puts most people off.

Ride the bikes, test them, find out which you like. Don't listen to electronics engineers, they don't make good bike designers, they might design good motors, but you're buying a bicycle not a washing machine.

• Agree
Reactions: RobF

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
D

Deleted member 4366

Posting about the workings of a motor, isn't what we're about I'm afraid. So we won't get into it. Not posting about it, is not the same as not knowing about it.

My point is... going into the depths of how the motor works is irrelevant and actually puts most people off.
Good point, but why did you post a graph that you don't understand and can't explain or justify then? All that does is confuse and put people off, doesn't it?

Good point, but why did you post a graph that you don't understand and can't explain or justify then? All that does is confuse and put people off, doesn't it?
You've said I don't understand it? Based on what??

I've posted it because its interesting and is a simple way of showing how power changes with cadence, which is relevant.

I can post a picture of a bike without having to explain how the damping system in the forks work, or how the electronic gears work, or how the carbon was woven.

What I'm saying is that your detailed knowledge of one part of the bike isn't helping most customers decide which bike they want.

BAH48

Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2012
Appleby Cumbria
"you have that little tail on the Yamaha's graph at the top of the rpm range. That defies all the laws of physics. The graph can only descend steeper, not slope back"

Are we looking at the same graph? Can't see your point.

The Bosch graph could be zero at 120 or it could tail off gradually - it hardly matters.

But, it doesn't show 400 at 120 - the last value shown would be around 430 at 117

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

You've said I don't understand it? Based on what??

I've posted it because its interesting and is a simple way of showing how power changes with cadence, which is relevant.

I can post a picture of a bike without having to explain how the damping system in the forks work, or how the electronic gears work, or how the carbon was woven.

What I'm saying is that your detailed knowledge of one part of the bike isn't helping most customers decide which bike they want.
Hmmm. Strange thing to say. I've built a plethora of bikes of many different types. I think I have a good understanding of how all the parts of a bike work together, not just one part.
If you post stuff. You need to be sure it's accurate and stands up to scrutiny. Sure, it's interesting, but it seems that it's fiction. I asked for the original source so that we can understand what it's supposed to show because I don't believe it can be taken at face value as a graph of the various motor powers at different cadence. If you understand it, please explain how that Bosch motor is making 400w at 120 rpm. presumably, like me, you've ridden a lot of Bosch bikes. How many did you ride that made significant power at a cadence of 120?

If you understand it, please explain how that Bosch motor is making 400w at 120 rpm. presumably, like me, you've ridden a lot of Bosch bikes. How many did you ride that made significant power at a cadence of 120?
You and I can agree, that Bosch motors put out power at 119 rpm yes... its not possible for me to measure that power, because my power crank doesn't fit on an ISIS bb, (but it is considerably more than I can put out, so yes I think 400w is about right) does that power fall off once you get past 120 rpm... yes. So does this graph look right to me. Yes it does.