Display Cable

eFred

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2020
Have used a Yosepower kit to make a front hub folding bike, the kit works well, probably better than I thought. The only problem I have is the cable to the display as it’s about a mile long and is a 1 into 5. I only need the 5 pin connector for the display as I didn’t fit the brake switches, throttle or light. It also only needs to be 50cm long. Could cut and shut with solder and heat shrink but I was hoping for a more elegant solution. Any ideas

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Have used a Yosepower kit to make a front hub folding bike, the kit works well, probably better than I thought. The only problem I have is the cable to the display as it’s about a mile long and is a 1 into 5. I only need the 5 pin connector for the display as I didn’t fit the brake switches, throttle or light. It also only needs to be 50cm long. Could cut and shut with solder and heat shrink but I was hoping for a more elegant solution. Any ideas
If the display comes apart, unsolder the wires, cut the cable before it splits into 5 and re-solder. You don't need any connectors, especially if you have one at the controller end too.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Could cut and shut with solder and heat shrink but I was hoping for a more elegant solution. Any ideas
Unless someone makes a 50cm 9 pin to display cable only, you need to somehow get the 5 wires from the controller to the display.

Myself, I would go for a method that allows for easy repair and replacement in the future and whilst you could run the 5 wires direct from the controller to the display, its now a fixed installation, not so easy to replace stuff.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Unless someone makes a 50cm 9 pin to display cable only, you need to somehow get the 5 wires from the controller to the display.

Myself, I would go for a method that allows for easy repair and replacement in the future and whilst you could run the 5 wires direct from the controller to the display, its now a fixed installation, not so easy to replace stuff.
It's easier than soldering new connectors every time. Anyway, why would it need to be replaced. Mine has been sitting happily on my bike for 8 years.