• Start date

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
You didn't answer my question, who is saying that we aren't free to cycle faster than the 15.5mph assistance limit?
At the risk of going round in circles here, the tone of your posts imply that you are very happy with the legal 15mph cut off limit, which I respect. The tone of your posts also imply that you don't think that anyone should aspire to a greater limit, which I don't respect. We are all on here voicing our opinions. If I was to favour no speed limit, I don't want to get shot down in flames with sarcastic remarks, that would be my opinion.

youngoldbloke

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2018
South West
You didn't answer my question, who is saying that we aren't free to cycle faster than the 15.5mph assistance limit?
Well, I have never said we aren't. Some of the earlier posts seemed to imply wrongly that the assistance cut-off level was a speed limit, but I have been clear throughout that this was not the case. See my posts, 79, 93, 179,, 183, 192, 196 and in my 'last' contribution 229, I state: 'Final point - a higher cut-off level would not necessarily result in going faster - that is entirely up to the rider and their leg muscles. The cut-off is not a speed limit'

Wicky

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2014
Colchester, Essex
www.jhepburn.co.uk
- I fail to see how this might have any bearing on the cut-off speed for assistance on e-bikes.
I believe there was a time when motor vehicles were required to be preceded by a man carrying a red flag. Perhaps this should be reintroduced for e-bikers - particularly the older, heavier and less experienced, on heavier bikes, as earlier posters have suggested they may pose safety issues for themselves and other road users.
'Cassie's Law': 609 drivers lose licence after eye test

When I worked at the hospital in various depts I was shocked by how many elderly patients (& visitors!) were utterly unfit to be on the roads for various health reasons. This tragic death in my home town underlines the point.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 25121

At the risk of going round in circles here, the tone of your posts imply that you are very happy with the legal 15mph cut off limit, which I respect. The tone of your posts also imply that you don't think that anyone should aspire to a greater limit, which I don't respect. If I was to favour no speed limit, I don't want to get shot down in flames with sarcastic remarks, that would be my opinion.
Sorry, you are entirely wrong. I wish the assisted limit was higher at eg 20mph in the same way I wish the 70mph limit was also 33% higher at 93mph.
I do have respect for the law though, you might want to take a look at the very first posting on this thread to understand that.
Sorry if I've "shot you down in flames" or appear to be sarcastic. If you want an example of a depricating posting why not take a look at #207...

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Mine won't go that fast, can anyone recommend a dongle?
Dave:)
Sorry, for that speed it's you needs the dongle, not the bike.

• :D
Reactions: D C and flecc

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
Sorry, you are entirely wrong. I wish the assisted limit was higher at eg 20mph in the same way I wish the 70mph limit was also 33% higher at 93mph.
I do have respect for the law though, you might want to take a look at the very first posting on this thread to understand that.
Sorry if I've "shot you down in flames" or appear to be sarcastic. If you want an example of a depricating posting why not take a look at #207...
Exactly, post 207 was in reply to previous sarcastic remarks and flame shooting. I rest my case.