DIY electric bike builders dream!

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
Are you sure that's a Mk1 torq? There's a 2006 Torq on ebay as well at the moment which would make it a mk1 but the front motor looks totally different.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are you sure that's a Mk1 torq? There's a 2006 Torq on ebay as well at the moment which would make it a mk1 but the front motor looks totally different.
And the Torq 1 was a rigid fork model.

The original version of the Forza and Forte had a 350 watt version of the Sprint motor and that looks like it. Although for the US market, the first ones here were like that. I think that Torq 1/2 frame has probably been equipped with a spare original F series front end, suspension forks, wheel and motor.

If so it will perform well, 20 mph and good climbing.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Hey, I was trying to keep this one quiet. That's my bid up there for the 'Torq' and I intend to win. ;)

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
One hour to go and i have left it to others.

Can't help thinking that this has been hastily thrown together from spare parts that may or may not work in conjunction. The controller, for example, worries me. The description explains that it has never been ridden which, again, leads me to believe the spare parts hastily assembled theory. I can't believe that someone who cared about what they were doing wouldn't even try it out and i don't believe that the vendor really thinks it is a Torq 1.

Anyway, if someone on here gets it, it would be interesting to hear what turns up.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think it could be a runner Django. Getting rid of it this way is all 50cycles would realistically want to do, it wouldn't be worth them paying over £400 for a battery plus buying a seatpost and saddle just to sell it.

C

Cyclezee

Hey, I was trying to keep this one quiet. That's my bid up there for the 'Torq' and I intend to win. ;)
I was in there too until Lloyd blew it wide open by posting here and the bidding shot up. Looks like a bitsa though:confused:

J:) hn

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
I think it could be a runner Django. Getting rid of it this way is all 50cycles would realistically want to do, it wouldn't be worth them paying over £400 for a battery plus buying a seatpost and saddle just to sell it.
You may well be right on that Flecc. It is a combination of factors to do with the description, previous experiences and, oh yes, I am buying a house on Friday and if this arrives and doesn't even work, Mrs Django may question why I am buying another bike in preference to even the most basic furniture. :D

I will be genuinely delighted to hear from someone on this forum who bags a bargain and I am really intrigued to find out what exactly it is.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
I was in there too until Lloyd blew it wide open by posting here and the bidding shot up. Looks like a bitsa though:confused:

I was in for £200 from 10th June. Considered going to £265 max. Looks like it might get up around that level.

C

Cyclezee

I was in for £200 from 10th June. Considered going to £265 max. Looks like it might get up around that level.
£265 is exactly what I paid for my Torq 2 last year, that was a bargain. I didn't go any further than £70 on this one as I don't really need it:rolleyes:

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
£265 is exactly what I paid for my Torq 2 last year, that was a bargain. I didn't go any further than £70 on this one as I don't really need it:rolleyes:

Now John, since when has not actually needing another bike restrained you in any way? :D

The Maestro

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2008
The description is indeed selective. For some reason the Quando/CanDo saga comes to mind :rolleyes:
Maybe worth it if you're specifically after a 700c project bike and don't have one already. Personally I just want a Torq Mk1 front wheel :)

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
A good result for the seller - looks like someone is going to pay more for the parts than it would cost to get a couple of new motors and controllers sent over from China!