Do I have a battery problem? (newbie question)

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
I spent a very enjoyable day on Thursday flattening my new battery in order to condition it. First ever proper ride on an e-bike.
After a full recharge overnight one of the LED indicators remains red. It's in the middle of the cluster ie. not the one that changes first during discharge. The situation remains after another charge.
The battery is a "bottle" from cyclotricty
What do the lights mean and should I worry?
Thanks
Keith
PS Why do these batteries need conditioning 3 times?!?

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
It is normal not to worry about it.

Pat

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The need to condition three times is very strongly disputed, some manufacturers not recommending even once. A very few high price batteries with sophisticated built-in meters do need one full "conditioning" cycle to set the meter zero point, but yours certainly isn't one of those.

Sorry I can't answer that middle LED problem, but as Frank says, contact Cyclotricity.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I have a bottle battery. Those lights are normal.
The red led is always lit and the other 4 led lights are green when the battery is fully charged. As the charge depletes the green led lights will go out one by one until only the red led is showing.
Although I tend not to let the charge go that low.

RichB

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2013
ps Rami's already replied to my e-mail. That's what I call support.
Another vote for Rami from me. Too bloke, always replied promptly with the queries I had about my Cyclotricity kit. And he also did me a nice discount when I wanted to upgrade to my 29er kit ;)