Do you keep your e-bike

stranger

Pedelecer
Feb 7, 2009
New Forest. Hants.
under cover?

Mine lives in the garage and one on the site lives under a green plastic cover. But there is one that is just parked in it's garden, exposed to the elements. I am not sure where the other one lives.

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
mine also lives in the garage....and the battery in the house :)

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
One in the office, one in the hallway and one in the garage. The office-based one even has a bit of carpet to sit on and keep it's tyres warm :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Both fully protected from the elements, one in my garage, one indoors.

Batteries and chargers indoors.

Citrus

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2007
E-bike in the garage, E-moped in the garage, all batteries and chargers in the garage too (children kept in the house....hmmm perhaps I should re-think this, vehicles in the house, kids in the garage??)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
E-bike in the garage, E-moped in the garage, all batteries and chargers in the garage too (children kept in the house....hmmm perhaps I should re-think this, vehicles in the house, kids in the garage??)
It would be more peaceful. :D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A mate of mine has taken the next logical step.....made the garage so he can live in it! :D
I hope he got planning permission! Most of these garage live-in conversions get refused, though I remember at one time my self employed consultant brother converted his garage into an office for some peace.

Didn't help, still divorced a couple of years later.

torrent99

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 14, 2008
Highgate, London
I hope he got planning permission! Most of these garage live-in conversions get refused, though I remember at one time my self employed consultant brother converted his garage into an office for some peace.

Didn't help, still divorced a couple of years later.
Actually it's more of an office than a full live in..... the wife had twins last year.... ;-)

tenderbehind

Pedelecer
Oct 31, 2008
Well, The first one I bought off the internet, I can't even remember the make or model now, Sun something I think, anyway, I sold it to the guy next door who very seldom uses it even though I would have thought it was ideal for him with his gammy knee. The second, a Powarbyke 24 speed Commuter is in the outside shed doing very little, though it will be a nice change to use it now and again, (it's for sale at the moment), and the third has pride of place in the fairly large porch; the Wisper is stood there caked in mud, all charged up and ready to go at a moments notice.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So in the cold weather, I should take the battery case inside overnight?
If it's extremely cold, say below 7 degrees C, it does help, but on a long journey the battery will still lose temperature and efficiency rapidly.