Does the forum need a name change or change of emphasis.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Like most things "If it ain't broke don't fix it" Just tweak it like some of us do with our bikes.:)
I find this site a mass of fun and information, and I think many people who come on here get good advise and free help.
Keep up the good work and I love my Pedal assist freedom.

Bob

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I think that Pedelec will catch on as a word.
I remember the first time that I saw the word 'Moped' I thought it was the past participle of the verb 'To mope'

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Kudos Dave,

Why don't you slap a 500W motor on a Kudos?

You know you want to.

Call it the Kudos Catharis.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Interesting. He must have made quite an impact given that he still pops up in many of the discussions, some of which seem so unrelated :)

Why is it we all find it so hard to move on ?

BTW

Easy, mine!

Regards

Jerry
The forum needs members with strong views - like ying and yang, sweet and sour.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Interesting. He must have made quite an impact given that he still pops up in many of the discussions, some of which seem so unrelated :)

Why is it we all find it so hard to move on ?
Perhaps because I still post his new product news for members, since he can't. :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
...unless Wisper have changed their mind I understand that they are returning back to China for 2014 production,I think that is common knowledge.
KudosDave
Hardly 'returning' to China for production dave, they have always been produced there surely and just assembled in Germany.....:confused:

Lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The current production is German Lynda, having been moved from WEVCO in China to one of the major German cycle manufacturers who produce the frames etc. Germany does produce a large range of cycle parts for many German bikes including all wheel components, lighting systems and many minor items, plus of course several motor systems for e-bikes. The main large scale buy-ins from the orient are gear and brake systems like Shimano etc.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
the only German component is the wheels. Rims & spokes from Büchel and tyres from Schwalbe. Maybe the chainguard is German.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Are you sure about that Trex, the main German manufacturers make their own alloy frames?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Are you sure about that Trex, the main German manufacturers make their own alloy frames?
No, I am not. The most attractive quality of made (or assembled) in Germany is the German attitude to quality control. Defective components will not be 'salvaged', all the bolts and nuts will be tightened to the specified torque value.
Alas, that aspect will be lost if production is moved to China.
With regard to frames, many German companies, including Derby Cycles, use 'approved manufacturing partners' for this. Many have too hygienic factory floors to make low value frames.
Even MIFA (in their annual report) buy in their frames and paint them in their workshop.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Trex. Yes, the German build standards are very high, it seems only the largest companies with high volume demand can get anything like those standards from China.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos Dave,

Why don't you slap a 500W motor on a Kudos?

You know you want to.

Call it the Kudos Catharis.
RobF....actually I have got an 800 watt motor x 20 Ah Lithium battery bike as part of my 2015 programme....I will try to get some photos up soon.....it is fully road legal and will do 30 plus mph,price about £1300-£1400.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Name me a good bike in the shops that fits the £1,000 bracket.

If you are looking to replace your e-bike, with a few exceptions, you'll end up with a self build.
I really should have avoided this temptation....the Kudos Tornado at £1095.00....the first batch sold out very quickly,we have a bigger batch due January
KudosDave

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
RobF....actually I have got an 800 watt motor x 20 Ah Lithium battery bike as part of my 2015 programme....I will try to get some photos up soon.....it is fully road legal and will do 30 plus mph,price about £1300-£1400.
KudosDave
Come on Dave...stop playing games with us all.....just blooming admit you are getting a 'special' bike from Banbury Frank...... :rolleyes:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi you are all a bit behind the times our new bike now has a top speed no pedalling with a 20 stone rider

40MPH + 3500 watts £4500

Frank

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hi you are all a bit behind the times our new bike now has a top speed no pedalling with a 20 stone rider

40MPH + 3500 watts £4500

Frank
Well.......that killed that conversation dead.....;)