Dec 14, 2010
Last edited:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I dont give out my address unless yer blonde with legs to dream for:D :D
Optibike stays in the house with staffie chained to it:D

DOG BITE LAW - the most trusted and extensive resource for dog bite victims, parents of victims, and dog owners needing legal information.
American dog bite law may not apply as most of us are in the UK.

I looked into this after my last dog/bike interface and it appears that dog owners are responsible for any accidents caused by their dog being out of control, wherever it is. Unfortunately many seem to think that just because they are in a park their dog can do what it wants. :mad:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

Now now boys Girls Play nice

I did say in the beginning off this Thread it will get out off hand

This forum is not the place for Politics religion and pets

Love you all

Frank

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Watch out Frank else we'll bite your nuts off.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My two-pennyworth for what it's worth is that dogs are not a problem, owners often are.

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
My two-pennyworth for what it's worth is that dogs are not a problem, owners often are.
I cant agree more Flecc and my staffie is so loving and even sleeps in the bed with us or cries If we chuck him out!:D

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man
I dont find cruel dog jokes funny.. and Im sure I am speaking for all the Pedelec dog owners.
I'm sorry that stevebills was upset at what I thought was an obvious attempt at gentle and surreal humour. Incidentaly, in quoting me he did omit the 'smiley' at the end of my post.

I do think we need to be a little more robust in such things. If we have to self-censor every post on the basis of whether anyone with a special interest might possibly manage to find something to take exception to then it will make for a pretty boring forum. Oh, and I wouldn't ever claim to speak for other forum members. Obviously I don't!

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
I'm sorry that stevebills was upset at what I thought was an obvious attempt at gentle and surreal humour. Incidentaly, in quoting me he did omit the 'smiley' at the end of my post.

I do think we need to be a little more robust in such things. If we have to self-censor every post on the basis of whether anyone with a special interest might possibly manage to find something to take exception to then it will make for a pretty boring forum. Oh, and I wouldn't ever claim to speak for other forum members. Obviously I don't!
No smiley only a confused! so you were very confused if u cant tell the difference.
if it's banter I will fogive you this time:D

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Bad News

Sadly the little lurcher girl Jade I transported to a rescue in swindon was taken Ill

and tested positive for Parvo The vet said her chances of survival was very slim and she was bleeding internally so the trustees of the rescue decided

to end her suffering

She is now in Doggy heaven

Frank

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No smiley only a confused! so you were very confused if u cant tell the difference.
Generically they are all called Smilies, regardless of the emotion displayed.

N.B. The spelling smiley or smilie is optional, before anyone carps. :rolleyes:

Bikerbob

Pedelecer
May 10, 2007
Isle of Man

Thanks flecc. I nearly made the same point but didn't want to prolong the issue any more.

Last edited:

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010

I beg to differ a smiley is a smile and others are called emoticons :p

Last edited:

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Blimey Steve, that's a big 'un. Does it bite?

A

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I beg to differ a smiley is a smile and others are called emoticons :p
They are alternatives, the "posh" word emoticon appearing after smiley and smilie. Emoticon makes more sense
of course, but in this site the administrator dictates the rules.

Look to the right when typing a post here and you will see that all are named Smilies. :p

stevebills

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2010
They are alternatives, the "posh" word emoticon appearing after smiley and smilie. Emoticon makes more sense
of course, but in this site the administrator dictates the rules.

Look to the right when typing a post here and you will see that all are named Smilies. :p
The site is wrong :p