Donor bike + Woosh kit advice pls

Sanjuro

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2018
I need some advice on which Woosh kit to buy and a donor bike to suit it. I would use the bikes for longer trips, e.g Central London to Windsor, South Downs. I can spend upto 300 or 400 on the donor bike.

I want a mountain bike with disc brakes, should they be hydraulic or mechanical?I'd like 29 inch wheels, but I see the kits come in 26, so I'll stick with that.

I'll need someone to fit it for me as well as I don't have the know how.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If you haven't already got a donor bike and won't be able to fix it yourself anyway you will probably do better with a ready-built complete bike. (?Woosh RIO MTB?)

Sanjuro

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2018
If you haven't already got a donor bike and won't be able to fix it yourself anyway you will probably do better with a ready-built complete bike. (?Woosh RIO MTB?)
With something like that I'd have to pay over a grand all at once, which I can't do any time soon. If I get a donor I can ride that around for a while until I'm ready to convert. Plus a converted donor just feels more individualis tic and personal.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
some customers ordered their bikes to be sent to us in Southend to get the conversion done.
This Voodoo is pretty good value and works well with the XF08C kit:

if you want to look at a ready built all rounder that does not cost much, I would suggest the Woosh Camino:

Reactions: Sanjuro

Sanjuro

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2018
some customers ordered their bikes to be sent to us in Southend to get the conversion done.
This Voodoo is pretty good value and works well with the XF08C kit:

if you want to look at a ready built all rounder that does not cost much, I would suggest the Woosh Camino:
I wouldn't mind bringing the bike down to Southend once I get it, how much do you charge to fit a kit?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I wouldn't mind bringing the bike down to Southend once I get it, how much do you charge to fit a kit?
crank drives: £75
hub drives: £95

Time: about 2 1/2 hours. Ideally, arrive before lunch, leave your bike with us and park your car in our car park then go to lunch, the High Street and sea front is 5 minutes away on foot.
Please let us know a couple of days before coming.

Reactions: Sanjuro