Double pinion kit for bosch emtb

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it also sticks out a mile which dont help, bashed it few times lol.

ERIMURCA

Just Joined
Dec 15, 2016
COSTA RICA
I'm happy as I am with the single sprocket ta. :)

Reason being that I found that when riding in muddy conditions, that even having the OE sprocket gaurd caused build up of mud, which ultimately leads to chain slip and chain suck. Removing the gaurd sovled all issues.

For my use, running two sprockets would make the bike unrideable for about eight months of the year. There just isn't the clearance to clear mud from the side of the links and ultimately it will just build up over a very short period and cause issues.
hi, in deep mud which is your experience all this time after eliminating the OEM guard in front sprocket? Not any more chain suck?

ERIMURCA

Just Joined
Dec 15, 2016
COSTA RICA
Hi Ermurca.

No problems at all. :)

Removing the sprocket guard, and ensuring that clutch on the rear derailleur clutch is always engaged, has eliminated the issue.

thanks! I am not sure about clutch, I have set SRAM EX1, how do I make sure the clutch is always engaged?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it does have one its a ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH like on mine but i dont think you are able to adjust it.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
By carrying out maintenance, I know the inside of the Shimano Deore XT system very well and also how to adjust it, but have not taken apart my SRAM X1 set up on the other bike yet.

As far as I'm aware, the clutch is automatic.

To quote SRAM.

"ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ rear derailleurs deliver maximum drivetrain stability—even through the most punishing terrain. With ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology, derailleur bounce and chain slap are eliminated without sacrificing precision."

I've never had any issues with chain suck on the hardtail which runs an SRAM set up.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it is just for extra chain tension basically tho the one thing i would check is the xd hub and make sure it is easy to remove and replace.

or it goes like this and a right pita to remove it.

i did get a new one under warranty tho from crank brothers ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Ermurca what sprocket are you using at the front as with wide narrow sprocket you should not get any chain suck have you done many miles on it so far as the chain might need wearing in as it is the only time i have had it on my bike after a new one was fitted.

ERIMURCA

Just Joined
Dec 15, 2016
COSTA RICA
Ermurca what sprocket are you using at the front as with wide narrow sprocket you should not get any chain suck have you done many miles on it so far as the chain might need wearing in as it is the only time i have had it on my bike after a new one was fitted.
I am using EX1 16 tooth sprocket. I thought new sprocket will solve the problem but again chain suck. I have very few miles with new sprocket, almost 50 miles. Lets see if I remove guard the problem will be solved, I will never use the bike with pants!, so guard is useless.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yeah and put some lube on the chain b4 each ride i bet the chain is sticking to the black coating on the narrow teeth on the sprocket.

just put some more miles in and should go away.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can see the raised teeth ridge in this pic

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this is my haibike sprocket so you can see what i mean
DSC_0611.JPG

the only problem is that new is 90 fkn euro and the sram one is 18 quid just shows how much haibike branded parts are a rip off. ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no its in one piece and 90 quid from ebike shop

Related Articles

Advertisers