Double pinion kit for bosch emtb

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Well , here we go..
Been out tonight on the 15 sprocket and actually tried the steep bit on the canal..
What do you know .. Got up there.. threatening a wheelie but made it!!
Looking at the Video it doesnt look too steep , but it is!!
Sometimes I feel a bit.... Vulnerable isn't really the right word, but I know if I fall off and do some damage I am on my own!!
Anyway.. I want to buy a new sprocket, many of which are for sale on ebay for silly money, but are they worth buying?
The steep bit... (please note that this isnt an action cam and is bolted to the bars so gives a.. non action cam view..)

Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
front sprockets dont cost much do you mean the rear cassette ?

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
When this set up is worn out, I'm changing the whole lot from SRAM to Shimano. That is going to be an 'ouch' cost, but I just don't like the SRAM set up at all.
Out of interest, what is it you don't like about SRAM?

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Gubbins

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Well done Phill. :)

You will now find that it will get easier and easier.

Ref the front sprocket, I'd go for a Connex sprocket any day of the week over other makes that are sold.

Thanks go to SW for finding this site, after I lost the details. http://www.pro-cycling-golla.de/Kassetten_Kettenblaetter_Verschlussringe/Kettenblatt_15_Zaehne_Connex_artikel539b4247b037e.html

Delivery time for the two that I ordered last week, was 4 days. :)
Cheers. Will get on that tomoz

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Out of interest, what is it you don't like about SRAM?

I've had SRAM on two bikes now, a Haibike and the KTM, and just don't get on with it.
It's clunky, doesn't operate as well in muddy conditions, and seems to require constant fettling.
With Shimano, I have found operation to be smoother, no problem when conditions are far from perfect, and find it 100% dependable. It's almost fit and forget.

I guess that I'm just not a fan.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no idea as i think the software has now fixed that problem some even have 13t and as high as 22t on the front with no problems what ever on the rear.

with sram parts expensive and need to faf around with it or its all over the place the rear mec wheels eat the county side and then its all out of whack b screw just comes loose over jumps and needs resetting after that.

when it works its fine add mud crud then not so much so edd id sell it now to get the most back for the parts then fit what you like.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
no idea as i think the software has now fixed that problem some even have 13t and as high as 22t on the front with no problems what ever on the rear.

with sram parts expensive and need to faf around with it or its all over the place the rear mec wheels eat the county side and then its all out of whack b screw just comes loose over jumps and needs resetting after that.

when it works its fine add mud crud then not so much so edd id sell it now to get the most back for the parts then fit what you like.
Will order a 14 or a 15 tomorrow and take the double off for now. I have now ridden with 15 17 and 18 and the 15 is the best of the 3. For me that is.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the bigger the front sprocket it destroys the bikes climbing ability with the 19t i tried on my bike i doubt i could get up any steep ish hill even with my 42t on the rear.

dongle or no dongle going up or down hill it does not make a difference why id want to keep the 16t i have and then change to 20t at the top of a hill.

im sure some one will take the dual kit off ur hands on here take 10 quid off what you paid and will be sold fast imo ;)

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
I've had SRAM on two bikes now, a Haibike and the KTM, and just don't get on with it.
It's clunky, doesn't operate as well in muddy conditions, and seems to require constant fettling.
With Shimano, I have found operation to be smoother, no problem when conditions are far from perfect, and find it 100% dependable. It's almost fit and forget.

I guess that I'm just not a fan.
I'm surprised by that. I had an XX1 derailleur on my Cube and it was absolutely flawless - really slick, precise, never missed a gear, etc. I'll be interested to see how the lower spec GX performs on my Levo.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
keep it clean and lube the chain after every ride and it will be fine start to hammer it down hill and x country rain mud ect might find it starts to go out of whack.

easy enough to do if you know how to set up the rear mec after cleaning it out tho.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
do this after every muddy ride and it will be fine.

• Informative
Reactions: mab13

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Cheers SW.

I didn't need to touch the XX1 in the 12 months I had the Cube, although the bike was properly cleaned after each ride.

I'm hoping the GX will be similarly maintenance free given that the Levo will also be properly cleaned after each ride...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
when in the 42t on the rear its so close to the floor its like a lawn mower off road i clean it after every ride as full of crud.

keep it clean and lubed and it will be fine dont bother and it will soon not be shifting nice and all over the place.

keep an eye also on the b screw as that can come loose and the top mec wheel can hit the frame if it comes loose.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I didn't need to touch the XX1 in the 12 months I had the Cube, although the bike was properly cleaned after each ride.

I'm hoping the GX will be similarly maintenance free given that the Levo will also be properly cleaned after each ride...
I clean my bikes properly after every ride, the issue is when in use throughout a ride.

The system doesn't like muddy conditions, and from my experience isn't anywhere near as smooth to use as my Shimano set up, which operates fine in all conditions.
Even on the recent Orange demo day, if I had been blindfolded and set off, I would have known with the first gear change that it was an SRAM set up.

I don't have the issues that SW has suffered though, and any required adjustments to gear selection, have simply done at the bars.

The SRAM set up is also the reason that I'm not taking the hardtail to Switzerland with me, as I just don't have faith in it.

Sorry to go so far off topic Phill. :)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I clean my bikes properly after every ride, the issue is when in use throughout a ride.

The system doesn't like muddy conditions, and from my experience isn't anywhere near as smooth to use as my Shimano set up, which operates fine in all conditions.
Even on the recent Orange demo day, if I had been blindfolded and set off, I would have known with the first gear change that it was an SRAM set up.

I don't have the issues that SW has suffered though, and any required adjustments to gear selection, have simply done at the bars.

The SRAM set up is also the reason that I'm not taking the hardtail to Switzerland with me, as I just don't have faith in it.

Sorry to go so far off topic Phill. :)
Hey, no worries, its all interesting and useful information...

Reactions: EddiePJ

Related Articles

Advertisers