E-bike commute

progolfer

Just Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Hi all,

i bought a giant escape hybrid 2 last year think its the 2013 model. just found this forum. look forward to gaining some tech info from the techys out there.
currently use my bike to cycle to work everyday, round trip 7 miles 3.5 uphill 3.5 down.
at least going home is downhill. Do this 5 days a week i have road bikes i use in the summer but the e-bike is great for the winter and carrying a load of gear in my bike panniers.

Cooper

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 17, 2015
Rye, East Sussex
I have a massive 2.6 mile daily commute. Yes, yes...I know I could walk that. I did for 18 months. Tiresome in the rainy season.

Anyway, welcome. You'll definitely find what you seek in the techy threads.

Reactions: progolfer

oniontrololol

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2016
I have a massive 2.6 mile daily commute. Yes, yes...I know I could walk that. I did for 18 months. Tiresome in the rainy season.

Anyway, welcome. You'll definitely find what you seek in the techy threads.
you are a warrior sir. I cannot walk 2.6 miles after driving for 10+ years lol.

Cooper

Dec 17, 2015
Rye, East Sussex
Actually, 1.3. I walked in but I made my husband pick me up afterwards.

And it's unintentional, believe me. I'm an immigrant and I cannot for the life of me pass your flipping practical driving exam, even after forty years of driving and a spotless record.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'm an immigrant and I cannot for the life of me pass your flipping practical driving exam, even after forty years of driving and a spotless record.
Is it that you are driving on the wrong side of the road? ;):D

Reactions: EddiePJ

Cooper

Dec 17, 2015
Rye, East Sussex
I got that down fairly early on. Last time I failed, it was for -- I swear I'm not making this up -- being "insufficiently aggressive going into a roundabout."

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I got that down fairly early on. Last time I failed, it was for -- I swear I'm not making this up -- being "insufficiently aggressive going into a roundabout."
I'm not surprised Cooper, the examiners have been getting quite tough and each have their pet objectives when testing.

Many years ago the favourite fail reason was "insufficient use of mirrors", that being the cause or one of the causes on almost every fail. These days they are more creative.

Keep at it though and next time approach it with a "don't care if I pass" attitude. That often works through being more relaxed.

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
Roundabout is just a give way situation unless it has traffic lights.. Just imagine it as a straight road. Match the speed, and slot in seamlessly. Easy peasy.

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
One of my pet hates that I can rant on about for ages - roundabouts with signals on them; I mean, honestly, what IS the point.............:rolleyes::)