E-bike Consumer Survey

Nov 29, 2021
Hi! I am a 3rd year student of Fashion Sportswear at London College of Fashion, UAL and I am currently working on my final year project where I am looking into needs and preferences of PEV users, especially e-bike riders. It would be very helpful if you could spend your precious 5 minutes on this survey, so I can understand the community better. Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it!
https://forms.gle/qG64smxUAjCTSmBK8

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Hi! I am a 3rd year student of Fashion Sportswear at London College of Fashion, UAL and I am currently working on my final year project where I am looking into needs and preferences of PEV users, especially e-bike riders. It would be very helpful if you could spend your precious 5 minutes on this survey, so I can understand the community better. Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it!
https://forms.gle/qG64smxUAjCTSmBK8
Not keen on this:

First I get redirected via Facebook, which I want nothing to do with, then
I'm asked to sign in to my Google account, and then the questions have nothing to do with fashion, but are asking me to express binary opinons on pedelec legal questions!

Happy to help via a platform like surveymonkey, on the actual subject you appeared to be addressing, but this approach is not something I will get involved in.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Not keen on this:

First I get redirected via Facebook, which I want nothing to do with, then
I'm asked to sign in to my Google account, and then the questions have nothing to do with fashion, but are asking me to express binary opinons on pedelec legal questions!
Thanks for the warning Matthew- I'll not be following on that one!

Nov 29, 2021
Thanks for the warning Matthew- I'll not be following on that one!
Sorry guys to hear this, I was not aware it will redirect you to facebook... It was done through Google Forms, and I need to collect email addresses as this is a FINAL YEAR BACHELOR'S PROJECT which needs to be cited and stuff, so I would normally need signatures of each person who takes place in survey for bachelor's project. And about the question you mentioned, it's a question "what is your SEX?" nothing about gender, I just need to define my consumer, that's all. Almost every survey starts with this type of question because you need to define who is answering the question so you can position them on the consumer map. So please If you would be so nice and will take a look at it again, I would really appreciate it! If you still have a problem with sharing you email address, which WON'T BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSES, I can turn off this setting. I would also appreciate if you could share this survey on any other forums. Or if you know any e-bikers from Europe , sharing it with them would be very helpful as well. THANKS

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Sorry guys to hear this, I was not aware it will redirect you to facebook... It was done through Google Forms, and I need to collect email addresses as this is a FINAL YEAR BACHELOR'S PROJECT which needs to be cited and stuff, so I would normally need signatures of each person who takes place in survey for bachelor's project. And about the question you mentioned, it's a question "what is your SEX?" nothing about gender, I just need to define my consumer, that's all. Almost every survey starts with this type of question because you need to define who is answering the question so you can position them on the consumer map. So please If you would be so nice and will take a look at it again, I would really appreciate it! If you still have a problem with sharing you email address, which WON'T BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSES, I can turn off this setting. I would also appreciate if you could share this survey on any other forums. Or if you know any e-bikers from Europe , sharing it with them would be very helpful as well. THANKS
No, the first entire page of questions was about attitudes to compliance with the 250W limit, and related stuff. Not just one question about my gender.

That has no place in a research project about fashion. I expected questions about what do I wear when I am riding and what I would like but cannot find in the market. I would be happy to help on that, but the tangent down legal street on top of the Facebook redirect puts me off completely.

Your explanations ideally should be made before getting to the questions, and the link should be tested before publishing, and in the modern online world it is necessary to be super careful to stay within the comfort zone of your audience.

Staying away from enforced use of the big tech companies is a big step in achieving that.

Reactions: TedG
Nov 29, 2021
No, the first entire page of questions was about attitudes to compliance with the 250W limit, and related stuff. Not just one question about my gender.

That has no place in a research project about fashion. I expected questions about what do I wear when I am riding and what I would like but cannot find in the market. I would be happy to help on that, but the tangent down legal street on top of the Facebook redirect puts me off completely.

Your explanations ideally should be made before getting to the questions, and the link should be tested before publishing, and in the modern online world it is necessary to be super careful to stay within the comfort zone of your audience.

Staying away from enforced use of the big tech companies is a big step in achieving that.
Sorry but u must be a troll lol... don't answer if google forms is suspicious for u and I touched your comfort zone by asking about your opinion on current shift in law on PEV and future of e-bikes in eyes of consumers... mate stop looking for a conspiracy everywhere and respect others.
Have a nice day!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sorry but u must be a troll lol... don't answer if google forms is suspicious for u and I touched your comfort zone by asking about your opinion on current shift in law on PEV and future of e-bikes in eyes of consumers... mate stop looking for a conspiracy everywhere and respect others.
Have a nice day!
Accusing members of being being trolls is hardly going to get co-operation.

However, for your information since the first such survey request back in July 2008 by an Imperial College student named Jack Eagle, we've had many such requests and established members have understandably got fed up with answering them. Quite why so many want to survey aspects of e-biking in recent decades isn't known but I suspect it's seen as currently fashionable.

We have a dedicated forum for polls and surveys where you'll see many of the requests over the years, here's the link to that forum.

Here's a link to some of the answers to Jack's survey.

And this is a link to Jack's PDF report.

Jack also held a Focus Group Meeting at the college, here's the link to that post

Last edited: