E-Bike Of The Year 2010?

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Well! the Oxygen I tested during the summer would take some beating as an e bike for someone with a bit of fitness. Well finished and nicely built.

From my own stable I went out today on my Aurora and never come home anything but happy. Just a nicely finished off bike that has plenty of bulk and weight needed for these terrible road conditions I have to encounter around the local lanes at this time of year. Does everything it says on the can. Am I glad I put a set of Marathon Plus Tour tyres on this winter;) Smooth changing gear set and superb disk brakes with loads of feel. I fitted a 55T front chain ring and today used gears 7 down to 2 on my route.
A good bike at the right price.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
tell you what H, you vote for one Brompton and I will vote for the other:p
Good idea Eddieo. I will vote for Jerry Simon's E-Brompton then.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I'm voting for the daniel weck and jerry simon Brompton conversions equally. They have been smashing threads to follow. Well illustrated and generous in sharing expertise and innovation. The finished products are great.
Thank you all for you vote of confidence and kind words. I have not been checking the site that much recently.

My EBrompton is just coming up to a year old and has transformed my daily commute. I will try and do a write up in the new year with what I have learnt over all.

Its not really original and built on the back of both loads of help from here and others who came up with the Nano/Tongxin EBromtpon based setup.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Well! the Oxygen I tested during the summer would take some beating as an e bike for someone with a bit of fitness. Well finished and nicely built.

From my own stable I went out today on my Aurora and never come home anything but happy. Just a nicely finished off bike that has plenty of bulk and weight needed for these terrible road conditions I have to encounter around the local lanes at this time of year. Does everything it says on the can. Am I glad I put a set of Marathon Plus Tour tyres on this winter;) Smooth changing gear set and superb disk brakes with loads of feel. I fitted a 55T front chain ring and today used gears 7 down to 2 on my route.
A good bike at the right price.
Thanks for your post Old Timer. Are you voting for the Oxygen or the Alien Aurora:confused:

J:) hn

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
In that case, I must vote for the Oxygen. My daily commute is on a very busy (and hilly) A-road in the country and since the clocks have changed I'm ashamed to say I'm too scared to attempt the journey. But I've still racked up 2000 miles since I bought it in August and I can't fault it.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Go on Eddieo, treat yourself it's Christmas:D

I may well do, but if I do it will be in the summer on way to Croatia via Switzerland :) But may well go for a Kalkhoff because of local support.....

C

Cyclezee

E-Bike:
Ezee Forza
FDB.jpg
Kit Bike:
Ezee Powered TW Bents Recumbent Trike
TWB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil [OnBike]

Pedelecer
May 21, 2009
BH E-motion Sport Max +

Hi all,

I'm going to vote for the BH E-motion Sport Max + A great looking and performing ebike.

I'll go with Aldby and also vote for the eZee Powered TW Bents Recumbent Trike - a very tidy job indeed!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all Pedelecers!
May 2011 bring lots of electric bike rides :)

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

A very Merry Christmas to all readers;)

Unfortunately, voting is disappointingly low compared to this time last year. This prompts me to ask if there is really any point in this poll?
Is it just apathy, too difficult to make a choice or is there another reason:confused: Please discuss.

If you haven't ridden many or any e-bikes. You could base your decision on articles you have read or other peoples experiences perhaps.

Could I just ask voters to state at the end of a post:

NEW BIKE *******

KIT BIKE *******

This will make it easier to add the total when the poll closes.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Could the weather possibly have anything to do with it? Riding any sort of bike under these conditions requires someone of sterner stuff than I - I wouldn't be surprised if the retailers aren't feeling the pinch with a vengeance at the moment.

Rog.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Rog,

I am also not cycling in this weather and I would have thought that this time of year would be one of reflection when people are spending more time at their computers than out on their bikes

blackrat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 6, 2010
Well my vote goes to the Kalkhoff Sahel Pro disc. Why? well I've just bought one, to be delivered in January. I took advantage of 50cycles sale and also wanted to beat the VAT thing.

I took one for a test ride, it was bitterly cold with plenty of ice and slush around, so hardly the best day, but I was very impressed with the bike.

In fairness I have only test ridden a few bikes and this was the first with the Panasonic drive but it suited me and my style of riding.

Blackrat

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I'll stick with the Pro Connect S - it was still available at the start of the year, and it still does the job admirably, apart from a total failure to keep my head warm in this weather!

Kit - don't know enough about them.

Merry Boxing Day to all.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Cyclamatic Power Plus.
No more reliable or less reliable than most of the electric bikes people own.
Cut's the mustard across the rough stuff and believe me i've tried all sorts of terrain.
Works very well in torrential rain.
Great price and parts can be upgraded / replaced for reasonable cost too.
Above all, it looks very modern and many riders have commented on how good it looks.
Hope it's here to stay :)

NEW BIKE: Cyclamatic Power Plus

Last edited: