E bike racing

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
I'm bored with all the restrictions imposed on us, and I've got some serious machines, it's about time they were put to some good use!
They've got ebike racing in the states, it's about time we showed them how to do it!

We could even have a Kalkoff class for people who want to go really slow!

I think I've got the fastest ebike(twin puma) in the country, prove me wrong! come on you limp wrists!!

Griz

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It certainly would be, I've kept safely down to 46 mph so far. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, the Gatso speed cameras never seem to trip for bicycles, but I did just just once get one of the advisory speed signs to report my downhill speed. It was right too, 31 mph. It's never done it again since though

I don't have anything suitable for racing now, just the utility Q-bike that's my workhorse.

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
No, the Gatso speed cameras never seem to trip for bicycles, but I did just just once get one of the advisory speed signs to report my downhill speed. It was right too, 31 mph. It's never done it again since though

I don't have anything suitable for racing now, just the utility Q-bike that's my workhorse.
I can lend you one if you like? :)

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
I had an advisory speed camera show my uphill speed of 9mph,and that matched my cycle computer..........

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I had an advisory speed camera show my uphill speed of 9mph,and that matched my cycle computer..........
Good to hear I wasn't the only one to have this happen. Strange how those simple ones sometimes work on bikes but the big Gatsos don't.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Good to hear I wasn't the only one to have this happen. Strange how those simple ones sometimes work on bikes but the big Gatsos don't.
Quite a few of the GATSO boxes are empty. There are more GATSO sites than there are cameras, so they move them around in the belief that the empty box still act as a deterrent to speeding. It's quite likely that you have just happened to be passing one of the empty ones when you expected to trigger the camera.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, most of ours are empty, but I've never been able to trigger even the odd ones I've seen active. Maybe it's just the technology of the advisory signs is more advanced, they are a much more recent introduction.

Lloyd

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2010
Gatso's do pick up cycles (apparently, so I have heard, ahem), you just have to be waaaaaay over the limit.

A 'friend' of mine said he had to be towed up to 55mph to be able to set one off in a 30mph zone. I couldn't possibly confirm this of course......all viscious rumours :eek:

Grizzly Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2007
Swansea
www.grizzlyfish.com
Come on guys and girls, a bit of e-motor sport can only be good, let's not get off subject now. There are two situations in history that push technology, war and racing! war is bad... racing is fun! Tony the offer stands, nice 5306 Crystalyte on 72 volts stir any juices for you? I know my Pumas will win, but it will be fun trying(you never know I may fall off, and you will be the hero of the day).

Griz

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Some won't show me my speed unless I follow a car through that triggers it, then it shows my speed accurately. Looks like there is a threshold set to avoid bikes even though the radar works for them. When I had one of the daft 56 led lamps on the front it would set them all off, the huge reflector must have looked like a motorbike to the radar.

subevo

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2007
yes maybe i will get a rear motor for my lafree then i will have a triple motor machine.now what motor can i get to compete ?????????