E-Bike sales in $ overtake city bikes in Holland

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Interesting.
From the number of electric bikes that I saw on my trip there in May I can believe this is true.

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
although not comparable in magnitude, I am noticing an increasing number of e-bikes this side of the North Sea as well... certainly more than those in London/SE England are seeing - a mixture of ready built ones and DIY conversions..

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Interesting though that those getting motorcycle licences have increased by 33% since 2004, I suspect mainly for moped use. With well over 1.1 million motorcycles and mopeds now for their 16.5 millions population they are well ahead of us in that respect. We have only 2 million motorcycles and mopeds for our 60 millions population, and it's reckoned that a high proportion of that 2 million are out of use.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I notice sales of ordinary bikes are declining. Maybe they're reaching saturation point. I was surprised electric bikes would be popular in relatively flat areas but I guess they're a big plus in adverse wind conditions.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I especially agree with this statement: "But since two years, the electric bicycle in a tractor fietsenwinkel become." Says it all, really.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Interesting though that those getting motorcycle licences have increased by 33% since 2004, I suspect mainly for moped use. With well over 1.1 million motorcycles and mopeds now for their 16.5 millions population they are well ahead of us in that respect. We have only 2 million motorcycles and mopeds for our 60 millions population, and it's reckoned that a high proportion of that 2 million are out of use.
I can believe that because they have a lot of little Solex-style mopeds. They go on most of the cycle paths and you see them everywhere.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Interesting that sales of trkking bikes also fell slightly, may well suggest that e-bikes are making inroads (pardon the pun :D ) in to this market, as well as being popular with commuters.