E-Bikeshop.co.uk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so why dont you want it? did he offer another bike that you would rather have ? or just think its shite and want your money back.

from what you have said and offering 60% back he thinks you have ridden the bike custom ordered the size for you or customised it in some way?

dongle maybe?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I have in the past returned damaged goods. Can't say I have ever returned something that was correctly supplied and in good condition.
i have many times and never had a problem bar ebay sellers that is, some things you just thought was a good idea then think twice when it arrives and send it back for a refund.

i also think a 60% refund on a bike sent back is total rubbish even if it has been ridden only 1 time. tho if eddie had it a week be fooked and need a service 150 quid max.

i have never seen a bike on his site with a 40% price drop as second hand?

if he thinks thats the case offer him 60% of the price when you have a go on a test ride bike.;)

then take off 10 quid for every mile on it.

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Maybe he's just peeing you about after you peed him about.
What do you mean it's not for you?
Why didn't you do some proper research and test ride a bike.
Save yourself and any dealer you approach a load of hassle.

Most small businesses have not got the time and resources to mess about like that.
That's not very professional as they have a legal obligation to there customers under distance selling laws,but having said that its no surprise to me that Martin/E-Bikestore has a bad attitude towards treating customers fairly if cancelling an appointment I had with him is anything to go by.

mab13

Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2015
Peak District
Keith Reeder and his grammar police are crawling all over this thread! :D

I didn't know what that button did and feared clicking it to find out, but now I'm educated...

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Keith Reeder and his grammar police are crawling all over this thread! :D

I didn't know what that button did and feared clicking it to find out, but now I'm educated...
Who is this Keith Reeder.??i reckon he is one of Martins cronies from his bike club.:eek:

He cannot even spell his own surname wright ,I mean is it Reader /Reider or what.:p:p:p:p:D

• :D
Reactions: Geome

Keith Reeder

Just Joined
Jun 19, 2016
Blyth, Northumberland
Who is this Keith Reeder.??i reckon he is one of Martins cronies from his bike club.:eek:

He cannot even spell his own surname wright ,I mean is it Reader /Reider or what.:p:p:p:p:D
No, I'm just someone who has no tolerance for whiny gobshites that can't spell "pedal" correctly.

Or "right".

Or practically anything else you type.

And I can see that my presence on this forum will be limited to this one post.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my paddles ar or wright ;)

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
Pedals and saddles are very user specific.

I would prefer bikes to be sold with no pedals at all.
There is just too much personal preference for good quality pedals, whether it be flats or clipless.

Saddles are also difficult, but I usually try the one supplied and see if I can get on with it.

Must be difficult for manufacturers and bike shops, although some of the better ones will normally listen to buyers preferences.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if it was ever a option id just but the frame motor batt and fit the rest my self.

will get better parts for my money then.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Your not wrong , the saddle you supplied on my KTM was bloody awfull i would have much rathered you hadnt bothered :)
Its hanging up in my garage gathering dust as even the bin man didnt want it .

Rather than moan about it, send it to me, I really like mine. :)

edit.. Having said that, I'd want to check that it is the same first, as the one fitted the --Race P wasn't as comfortable as the saddle fitted to the Macina Lycan and Race.

Last edited:
Reactions: stumpy150

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Bought a bike off martin last year..i cancelled 1st appointment...anyway few emails later went down for it..about 150 miles away..weighed in 1st..then had a spin about car park...took it home...sent him a few emails since about petty noob stuff..always got a prompt response from him..one of his minions did cost me £30 odd quid though..for not explaining things properly to me...anyways i think he should weigh in the full amount...this 60% *******...

Denis99

Pedelecer
May 26, 2016
South Wales
www.instagram.com
I lurked in this forum when doing my research for my first ebike.

Saw the link to the ebikes site and had a look at what they had to offer.
The website looked very good and quite informative.

However, when I rang them and spoke to them I found that the person I spoke to seemed to be bored with my questions.
After all I was only thinking of spending approx £4000 on the bike.

Needless to say I took my business elsewhere and am enjoying the new bike.

Tomtomato

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Its just that the brands can't provide them, because we don't know what you want!
So KTM does not know what the buyer wants in term of pedals, but does know what the buyer wants in term of saddles, or handles...

Also, how many ebike users actually use pedals with clips?

Surely, the answer is still to include some flat pedals, and let the buyer replace them, if those are not suitable (like any other components of a bike).