E cigarette and Bike Ordered

01423frankieboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2014
YO51
Well what can I say? Life begins at 50ish! I've taken the plunge on 2 accounts; switching to Ecigs and ordered a Woosh Big Bear today. Really excited and can't wait for the bike to arrive. Time for a couple of questions for my pedelec friends.

1/ Bike insurance ?
2/ Gold secure lock ?
3/ Waterproof panniers.

views and opinions on any of the above would be useful.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
1 _ Try your contents insurer. Churchill cover my ebike, but get email or written confirmation that they accept it's electric.

2 _ Squire Hammerhead Sold Secure Gold.

3 _ Pass - My Altura Arrans are only showerproof.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Ortlieb are the best in panniers but they'll cost nearly as much as the bike!

Reactions: jackhandy

JBurgessXXX

Just Joined
May 22, 2020
1 _ Try your contents insurer. Churchill cover my ebike, but get email or written confirmation that they accept it's electric.

2 _ Squire Hammerhead Sold Secure Gold.

3 _ Pass - My Altura Arrans are only showerproof.
Hey,Jack
you are amazing
thanks a lot!

JBurgessXXX

Just Joined
May 22, 2020
Ohh, I also thought about it for quite some time, because I feel that smoking seriously affects my health. Recently, I feel that this affects my memory and as a result of this I feel severe headaches. Also, many do not want to communicate with me because of the terrible smell of cigarettes. I was tired of it, so I decided to find an alternative for smoking and it was vaping. My friend advised me to a great store (www.aquavape.co.uk) and said that there are the best vapes and liquids on the market. Now I’m thinking about switching to vaping. This has helped many get rid of cigarette addiction, but I don’t know if this will help me ...

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
Vapes are wonderful. My wife switched severla years ago and her snoring is FAR better now - so I am a great fan
Also her smell has improved - she moans every year that the Christmas tree smeels of cigarette smoke - even though is hasn;t been near a lit cigarette since before I met her 10 years ago - nowadays I have to ereect it outside and give a good clean with a leaf blower to get rid of the dust and smell!

And Good Luck with the new ebike - I love them and the more on the roads the better!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
S1030523.jpg
now thats a vape :p

Laser Man

Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2018
Michelmersh SO51
Aquapac panniers are pretty good. Look tough, quite big and have a roll top so very waterproof.
We got a pair for my wife's bike and she was very pleased.

The have a sale on at the moment - 2 for £50 or 1 for £30.

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I got my Ortlieb pannier bags from cyclestore. If you look at their range click on a bag you like then look further down the page you can see downloads where you can view info, size, fitting etc for that model. Helped me a lot to decide.
Locks...many people go for the Abus range, always seem to score well in tests.