E folders under a grand?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What are some of them made from? Girders? The Safari Step through is 5 kg more than my full sus MTB!

Weight: 29.4Kg (inc. battery)

You need to look in to the finer detail ?

Reliable bullet proof Bafang hub.
Lifepo4 battery heavier then lion, longer life and stable battery chemistry.
Nexus geared hub more weight then a derailleur, plus all the add on's,
Lights, chain guard , mudguard, lock, panniers & rack etc,etc.
The bike originally was for the hire/holiday market so needed to be tough, for the money you will not find a bike to match it.

Horses for courses.

• Agree
Reactions: dr bob and sjpt

Cat20

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 9, 2020
@RossG I have a 2020 model Seago CityLite and have been looking for a new battery - thank you so much for posting that link! (There is nothing wrong with my current battery - but I can’t use public transport until there is a coronavirus vaccine and I need to make some longer trips so planning to carry a second fully charged battery with me.)

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
There's a whole range of manufacturers using that same frame/battery combo like Oyama for example so getting a spare shouldn't be too difficult. I believe you can even get an empty battery case meaning you can get it celled yourself.

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
I hate to recommend Halfords - but my wife has a Cross City-e folder - currently £999
We got hers a few years ago so they may have changed - but it has been pretty reliable. We took it to Cornwall a few weeks ago and I took it up and down a load of hills with no problems.
The one we have has a Bafang hub drive - the price did suddentl go up a while ago - dunno if the 'upgraded' the parts or something.
Only complain is with the battery power indicator - which has a tendancy to jump up and down when you get to about 1/2 power - so you are worrying about only on led left - then you get to the top of the hill and suddenly you go back to 3 leds
But I have put a cheap cycle computer on it and I now the mileage it can do - so that kinda sorts that out