Ebike battery renewal

plaw999

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 5, 2022
Hi there, new to this forum, could anyone help with locating a seller of an new battery or one that works for a Vitesse Signal ebike. The charger works, but no hold of charge, despite parallel charging abd trying to bypass the BSM. I have tried Moorelarge, no response and ebikekits.
Thanks

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
A quick Google search of your bike lists several resellers - both online and brick'n'mortar stores. Go Outdoors as one example have bike workshops in all their stores. Surely they can help?

Otherwise you'd be best to post photos of the battery, including the labels and connectors, so that members here may be able to identify which it is (if of a more common style) and suggest possible options.

plaw999

Oct 5, 2022
I have tried Gooutdoors, Moorelarge, Costco, SEGL China, Ebikekit most useful, all state they only deal with trade or do not se the single battery as shown in pics. Seems a common issue on the Vitesse Signal ebike, if battery not charged, then li ion batteries fail. Probably have to pay upto £300 for cell replacement. Anyone please help with other ideas? Thanks

plaw999

Oct 5, 2022
This is the 36v that needs replacing for Viteese Signal ebike SEGL 36v 6.8Ah BCS02 model contains 20 x Samsung 3500 Li ion cells.

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i cant find anything like that and you might have to get it recelled but imo if you did find one for sale it would cost that much or even more.

these company's are just a joke and expect you to throw the hole bike away and to just buy another one becouse they wont sell the batts :mad:

Reactions: plaw999

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's a re-cell job.
Tbh you may need better cells then Sam 35e for 10sp2p, it really depends on the max current one draws.
When deciding on a cell one has to consider the current draw one uses the most and then min cell discharge.
As an example if one was maxing a 10s2p battery out at say 14/15a draw or 7/7.5a per cell, then the 2800mah molicell will run longer then a sam 35e or any 3500mah cell.

A 3500mah cell only excels with longer range or greater mah discharge at low current draw, once one starts to draw more current per cell at or above 5a then a higher current cell with lower mah rating will excel.

As an example at 7a draw a molicel 28 will give 2200mah down to 3.3v, a GA and 35e only 2000mah.

Last edited:
Reactions: harrys and plaw999

plaw999

Oct 5, 2022
Any ideas on cheap recell jobs, looking at about £150 all in hopefully.

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I can't find anything either, not even European sources I've used before. I see the manufacturer SEGL also make the in-frame batteries for the Evans Pinnacle hybrid a couple of other members here own... so they could have trouble too.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

plaw999

Oct 5, 2022
Thanks, will try this, hopefully they can reawaken the cells in the old barely used battery.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Thanks, will try this, hopefully they can reawaken the cells in the old barely used battery.
'Reawaken' ?

I appreciate that there are companies that will re-cell battery cases, i.e replace all the cells with new ones.

But are the companies who will take a battery, work out which ones may be 'bad' and replace them and return a fully working battery ?

smifee

Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2017
Chandler's Ford
you could try these guy and see if they could do it.

This company used to trade as Electric Bike World,54 Bedford Place, Southampton.

When I went there a couple of years ago they had closed down. Enquiries revealed that they had stopped selling from the shop but appeared to be selling from an unknown premises with a local tel. no. (probably the same no. on the website). The shop next door had a card left by them to give to enquirers. This just gave the tel. no. and a recommended company for bike servicing :- DC Cycles who turned out to be excellent.

Nice to know I have a receller nearby as my 2 6 yr old batteries are down to about half the initial range.

plaw999

Oct 5, 2022
Great, I'll try them as I'm being given the run around by Moorelarge, Gooutdoors and Tredz.

Alexander999

Just Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Hi there, any luck with sorting the battery buddy? Can you post another picture please as she's no longer linking? I've just picked one up and i'm thinking about doing a cell upgrade.
Do you have instructions with yours, daft question I know but do you know how to turn on the LCD illumination?

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi there, any luck with sorting the battery buddy? Can you post another picture please as she's no longer linking? I've just picked one up and i'm thinking about doing a cell upgrade.
Do you have instructions with yours, daft question I know but do you know how to turn on the LCD illumination?
It'll be much cheaper and less work to fit a standard battery.

Reactions: Peter.Bridge

Alexander999

Just Joined
Dec 15, 2023
Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm thinking about adding an extra 10s2p Samsung 35e pack with its own BMS in parallel, possibly hidden in the top bar. But I'll have to see how she performs. I currently don't need the range. But it coming with a 10s2p Samsung 35e pack as std I already know she can't deal with high current draw, especially after she's done a few miles.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Sorry I should have been more specific. I'm thinking about adding an extra 10s2p Samsung 35e pack with its own BMS in parallel, possibly hidden in the top bar. But I'll have to see how she performs. I currently don't need the range. But it coming with a 10s2p Samsung 35e pack as std I already know she can't deal with high current draw, especially after she's done a few miles.
Same as a Swytch kit, you find the two wires between the controller and battery, cut and extend them so that they come outside the frame, put a male connector on the controller side and a female on the battery, so that you can connect/disconnect them when you want, then you can get any 36v battery you want, put a matching female connector on it and have as much range as you want.

If you want to run with both batteries, it's a bit dodgy, but as long as they're both at the same voltahe (+/- 0.5v), you can connect them with a Y-lead, but make sure you disconnect them for charging.

Mooster1976

Dec 21, 2023
Sorry to resurrect an old conversation, but I have picked up a Vitesse Signal (via auction) and the bike has come without any documentation or charger, does anyone know the charger make/model or the correct voltage so I can source an alternative?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Sorry to resurrect an old conversation, but I have picked up a Vitesse Signal (via auction) and the bike has come without any documentation or charger, does anyone know the charger make/model or the correct voltage so I can source an alternative?
Do you know if the battery on the bike works ? have you a photo on the battery charge port ?