ebike conversion kit

dazzer10

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 18, 2020
I got a conversion kit 2in1 E-Bike conversion kit 36V/48V/60V 250w -1500w rear wheel from a friend he got it off ebay, he never got round to using it and ended up buying a new bike, so the conversion is almost done but i am not sure on this part , i don't know if anything is missing off it but its a pedal assist sensor and i think its got magnets inside ,
i think this goes on the crank arm but the problem is the hole is to small on this part and its to thick 7mm , Dose anyone know if i can use something else that is more thin and work with the lcd or would i have to change my crank set to get this to fit.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's the pedal sensor. You take off the left side crank arm and clip it in to the bottom bracket spline. It only fits on cranks with standard Shimano-type BBs with a square taper shaft. Also, it's usless if you don't have an LCD, bit if you do have an LCD, a pedal sensor is very useful.

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
It's the pedal sensor. You take off the left side crank arm and clip it in to the bottom bracket spline. It only fits on cranks with standard Shimano-type BBs with a square taper shaft. Also, it's usless if you don't have an LCD, bit if you do have an LCD, a pedal sensor is very useful.
I do have an lcd but i don't have a square taper shaft , i have a Shimano hollowtech ll and shimano slx crank set ,

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
The one-piece PAS won’t work with a hollowtech crank.

You need a two-piece sensor with separate sensor and magnet ring. You should be able to install the sensor under the drive-side cup. You will need to epoxy the magnet ring to your inner chainring. If you have a dremel, you can cut enough plastic away from the centre of the magnet ring so it sits nicely over the axle shaft and on the inner ring. You can file away the plastic, but this will take a little longer. If you epoxy, that should secure the magnets. Sometimes, depending on the design of the chainring, you can get away with using the strength of the magnets holding the ring in place.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For Hollowtech BB, one will need a BZ10C 2 piece PAS sensor/mag ring. A BZ10C needs know mods for fitting.
Plenty of places to buy one.

Last edited:

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
The one-piece PAS won’t work with a hollowtech crank.

You need a two-piece sensor with separate sensor and magnet ring. You should be able to install the sensor under the drive-side cup. You will need to epoxy the magnet ring to your inner chainring. If you have a dremel, you can cut enough plastic away from the centre of the magnet ring so it sits nicely over the axle shaft and on the inner ring. You can file away the plastic, but this will take a little longer. If you epoxy, that should secure the magnets. Sometimes, depending on the design of the chainring, you can get away with using the strength of the magnets holding the ring in place.
Hi! I am still learning how these things work but i found this pas sensor on amazon i think its the one your talking about and its has the 3 pin wc connector

dazzer10

Dec 18, 2020
For Hollowtech BB, one will need a BZ10C 2 piece PAS sensor/mag ring. A BZ10C needs know mods for fitting.
Plenty of places to but one.
I So the mental
Plenty of places to but one.
i just ordered the 2 piece PAS , Dose the metal ring fit in to the BB and the plastic ring on the crank arm ,

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The metal ring with sensor sits between the outer BB bearing and the frame BB shell.
One has to remove the pedal/crank and then undo the outer bearing to sandwich the metal ring with sensor. The mag ring affixes to the small chain ring, I drill and align the ring to the spider fixing holes and use the ring bolts for a fixing ( if the they are short one can buy longer ones.
Other options to secure the mag ring are:
Cable ties but eventually they can snap.
Epoxy two part glue.
Or magnetism if steel rings are used.