ebike law changes coming....

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Totally agree with you. This is a none story the speed limited increase is good of course, but if the motor is mechanically capable of further speed / power there will be people out there able to hack the firmware / software. This is the case with most things. Enough said!
Just consider how the early dongles that fooled the system by making them show half speed have evolved into stealth, programmable systems that are hidden away and show the correct speed at all times. There are some clever boys and girls out there that would just consider it a challenge.. And n any case.. Making the manufacturer responsible? Will that be as easy as making social media responsible for all the on-line nastiness we hear of?
Good luck with that then..

• Agree
Reactions: Jum42 and LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
That's all Fab and Groovy, but more & more I'm finding dumb a*s fekers meandering along the middle of a shared path drifting from side to side wearing full sized headphones whils looking down at there phone :mad: they don't hear a bell (or a shout) and don't know I'm there untill they see my front wheel creeping past. I've even stopped in the middle of a path when one of the above numptys was aproching, he only knew I was there when he walked int to my stationary front wheel.
I also like to slow and use my bell but there are time you need air horns ;)
I would like to have seen a dash cam view of that! Facial expression an all:D