EBike repair stand recommendations

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Loose unused connectors are best heat shrunk.

Reactions: bayzoo

bayzoo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 22, 2020
It's the Woosh bikes Aikema SX85, it's the smallest/lightest hub motor they offer but still has 40? Nm of torque, which is plenty. The main reason I chose this kit was the fact it has black motor/rim/spokes to match the original front, it would have bugged me every time I looked at it, if it didn't match.
The complete kit comes with inline brake sensors and a thumb throttle, you don't have to fit these and I didn't intend to originally but everything went together easily and I didn't like the idea of loose, unused connectors from the display.
Is a build of this something a novice can pick up or is a good mechanical knowledge of bikes really required?

darren66

Pedelecer
Feb 23, 2020
Is a build of this something a novice can pick up or is a good mechanical knowledge of bikes really required?
I have been building bikes for over 40 years, so I've learnt a few things along the way but there's nothing complicated about this type of build, the ability and tools to remove/refit cranks, rear wheel and cassette are about all that's needed, on my wife's bike and the position of the bottle cage mounts, that hold the battery mount, I had to drill the frame and insert a rivnut to allow me to mount the battery high enough as to clear the seat tube, even the rivnuts are included in the kit, but depending on the frame you may not need them.
Theoretically, this build shouldn't have taken me more than a couple of hours, but I did spend considerably longer tidying everything up.

Reactions: bayzoo