Ebike wheel wont stay on

Ian C

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2015
If your "Metal-like" putty repair does land you in hospital, I advise taking a warm blanket - they switch off heating at night. Quite a hazardous move for old people, I would have thought. Freaking freezing.
I'm quite well skilled in mechanics. I'm also quite a scaredey cat - I won't be putting myself in any danger. Riding my bike down the A41 with juggernauts flying past is far more scary than anything my bike can throw up!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
delightful sights, sounds and smells of state-created junkies having their bowels drained (also constantly)
Aah precious memories.

Getting a private room won't help, they leave doors open.
I have a hack for that, although not my finest hour, ones bowls can do funny things when in a coma, excluding the truly horrifying experience for the young attractive nurse on duty that night, I am sure she got transferred to another ward after that. However I did get a private room and a shut(locked) door. For a good time after that I was label as a biohazard. :oops:

• :D
Reactions: guerney

Ian C

Pedelecer
Aug 5, 2015
If I was worried it might then I wouldn't try it. It's more likely that some idiot in a car will knock me off my bike tbh.

Gliggsy

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Well I'll give you my opinion for what it's worth, after having worked with metal for the best part of 50 years I would be astounded if this putty works any better than chewing gum! I haven't read its sales pitch but I'm guessing it's a stretch of the imagination, so much so that we would wonder why don't they replace everything made of metal with this wonderful putty! Just build a bike from magic putty! Honestly fella, do yourself a favour, if you want to repair it then take it to a professional tig welder and have them build it up

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
if you want to repair it then take it to a professional tig welder and have them build it up
How strong would that resulting repair would be?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
You're replacing metal on a like for like basis and I would say 100%, the chewing gum method I don't think I'd award it 1 %in all fairness
Very interesting. I suppose if I'd broken a £1,000 frame like the OP has, I'd try it for sure... but I think a 1500W hub motor will wreck that as fast. Using Bubbleyum for that is madness! :eek:

• Agree
Reactions: PC2017