EddieO's Reise & Muller

ryano

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2017
London
Hi All,

My Dad, EddieO on here before he got banned, passed away last May and I'm now getting round to selling his beloved e-bike for my Mum.

I don't know much about it/ebikes in general, but this is what I do know:

It's a Reise & Muller Delite 2, and in very good condition. It was serviced last year by Dave from Wisper Bikes and hasn't been used since. It hasn't really been used in about a year and a half and it's a shame to see it gathering dust.

I've taken some pictures, which are attached.

Give me a shout if you're interested/would like to come view, we're based in South London.

Would also be really helpful if anyone could tell me what it's roughly worth, incase I end up having to put it on eBay.

Cheers,

- DSCF5593.JPG DSCF5594.JPG DSCF5598.JPG RyanO

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Would also be really helpful if anyone could tell me what it's roughly worth, incase I end up having to put it on eBay.
Hi 'ryano' and welcome to the forum.

I was very sorry to read here some time ago about the passing of your dad. It had slipped my mind that he had got himself the R&M machine but I know he was very fond of the Bosch motor and I guess this particular model fulfilled all his requirements in an eBike.

One or two of our members have a handle on second-hand ebike values but by and large, they tend to be rather disappointing compared to the original outlay - great for buyers, not so good for sellers! Our most senior member, 'flecc', has devised a formula which can be applied to most mainstream ebikes approximating fair second-hand prices but the most important feature concerns battery health and likely remaining lifespan, that component being the single most expensive part of the bike.

Beyond that, I can be of no real help but I wish you well and hope you achieve a good price for the machine. I'm sure 'flecc' or one of our members better acquainted than me with the R&M marque will be able to help further as to how best to secure a good price.

Kind regards to all the family.

Tom

ps there is a classified section where sellers usually place ads but your post is more likely to be widely read in this part of the forum.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Ryan, I'm another member who respected your Dad and we communicated by email as well as in here. He knew me as Tony. He was missed by many of us after the ban.

The Riese & Muller is an expensive bike, I don't know how much Eddie paid for it but the current version sells at just under £3500. To apply my second hand value formula I really need to know when he bought it and the price paid. However, using the current price as a guide and assuming two years old, the bike alone without battery works out at £2240. Three years old is £1900. The used battery value has to be added, but as it's been out of use for 18 months it might have failed, since they should be regularly charged to keep then in working order.

However, to be frank, as Tom has said above, e-bikes struggle to reach their true value second hand since the market is so small. Whoever buys the bike will probably have to buy a new battery for it, and they cost around £500.

If you do have to resort to ebay in the end, best fix a reserve well below £2000 to have a chance and see what bids you get.

Last edited:

ryano

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2017
London
Tom and Tony,

Thanks for your kind words about Dad.

Appreciate the advice and information too. I believe the last time it was used was when it was serviced about a year ago. Is there any way I can test how much life the battery left has in it? I know it was looked after well, but I guess batteries can do all sorts.

Cheers,

Ryan

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Ryan

Do you happen to know what frame size it is please?

Thanks

Gaz

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
why was he banned pmsl thought that was impossible on here lol but price wise id say £1500-2000 if the batt is ok.

some bosch dealers might have the new testers for the batts now or can give a report on the batt if not.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
If it was last used a year ago you might be lucky depending on how charged the battery was when it was left. It could well have a sleep mode to protect the battery.

If I was you I would pop it on charge pronto. If the bike will switch on the head unit should be able to show you the level of charge in the battery. Although my head unit has a small battery (different system,Yamaha) that could also go flat and need replacing before the head unit itself will work, but I am not sure about the bosch.

If the battery is OK it is better not to charge it to full if you do not intend to ride it but up to around 60% and then check it from time to time and add a bit of charge as needed.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hi Ryan.

Good to hear from you and I hope you're all well. I also knew Eddie, both through here and a motorhome forum - in fact we both bought similar bikes and vans at around the same time.

I'd like to see the bike as I remember coveting it when your Dad got it. I was going to have a play on it but he fell ill before we could arrange it. We're abroad now but I'll give you a shout when we get back at the beginning of September.

All the best to Smitta, Amie and yourself,

Hugh

Reactions: ryano