Eggrider V2 for Bafang BBS01 BBS02 BBSHD

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I just noticed it logs power used speed and gps location :rolleyes::eek:its a black box recorder as well :( its not for me

Last edited:

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
I was quite interested in the Eggrider at one time But i found that Bagang did a new mini colour lcd(500C) for about 50 quid so i got one of those and am well pleased with it, its quite small and stealthy and it is very readable whatever the light. The only minor problem with it is with my eyesight not being as good as it used to be it took some getting used to reading the voltage. I have started wearing my glasses on my bike so that problem has gone away.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I would not use one on anything but a 250 watt legal 15.5 mph bike on the road .It a great thing and works well but with one not so obvious :eek:

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
I would not use one on anything but a 250 watt legal 15.5 mph bike on the road .It a great thing and works well but with one not so obvious :eek:
I assume from your reply that the eggrider could actually be used as evidence against you if you were unfortunate enough to be involved with Mr Plod, is this the way things are going?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Not 100% sureo_O but the location icon comes on when app starts
it records live- data -time -power -volts -speed etc so it is a data recorder it shows which mode you are in what level 1-9 and speed limit etc it is all on your phone:rolleyes: between this and big brother google I do not see I was under pedal power at the time will stand up and that s with out cell site analysis :oops:

As a off road training device it is outstanding records your complete ride and the adjustment to the bafang programme is easy to use perfect for its intended use

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I sent mine back and got a full refund....I will buy a 500w bafang motor from the company as they where very fast and helpful but the eggrider was not for me. I have decided that the ktlcd3 is a great bit of cheap kit and works extremely well...

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
It is one of those great ideas but we got the use wrong o_O
It's nice to see people making advances in the custom ebike world...I've only had my ebike for a couple of months and it has actually changed my life...been cycling regular most of my life...I'm talking carbon frames, tight lycra ECT ECT...to effortlessly pedal at 20mph for 50miles without breaking a sweat is just amazing...I am aware that I will probs start putting weight soon tho lol

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
It is a quick easy job on the bafang mid drive:)
it takes longer to boot the laptop and plug the cables in than to reload my saved fileo_O it takes less than 5 min from scratch

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It is a quick easy job on the bafang mid drive:)
it takes longer to boot the laptop and plug the cables in than to reload my saved fileo_O it takes less than 5 min from scratch
5 minutes to boot your laptop? which year is it made?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I use an old dell xps 1330 it just about runs windows 10 its the first gen i7 :confused: its soooo slow but has survived a drop from height been sat on bashed scratched left out in the rain drowned in coffee its a nostalgia thing o_O
it does not help that I still can only use one finger to type but at least the keys are big

Last edited:
Reactions: Zac and Woosh

rilot

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2017
Wargrave, UK
Stick an SSD in it and it will fly. I use a laptop much older than that to do programming and it boots in 20 seconds flat. The difference is that I have an SSD in it.

Reactions: Zac

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I have had the ssd and more ram for about a year its still in its box the upgrade is low down on things to do :rolleyes: The xps has outlasted 5 or 6 newer ones the asus I am on now less than a year old doubt it will last to its 2nd birthday

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Not a simple swap back the laptop cannot read the controller now and the standard display reads error 30 put the egg back works ok not at all happy:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: any one got a clue

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Egg may have transferred some code to the controller.
I suggest you email the Egg's manufacturer for help to reset the controller to its factory's default.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Its gone never to return but has left a very bad taste :oops:
no more rush to buy bright shinny things :rolleyes:
Will just have to put it down to the curse of the zobop this build has taxed in every wayo_Oo_O
But a short ride soon puts that right:D:D:D:D:D if i do not put off the edge or into a tree my body cannot keep up with the brain :confused:its just a pain to have to put in the car every time I want to use it

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Its gone never to return but has left a very bad taste :oops:
no more rush to buy bright shinny things :rolleyes:
Will just have to put it down to the curse of the zobop this build has taxed in every wayo_Oo_O
But a short ride soon puts that right:D:D:D:D:D if i do not put off the edge or into a tree my body cannot keep up with the brain :confused:its just a pain to have to put in the car every time I want to use it
No way mate just chuck on the hat and ride the bloody thing..I love riding on the road..watching the licraclads as they disappear and eat my dust.lol..I've been chased down a few times by cyclists asking All sorts of questions and I'm sure a few have gone home and been on here checking the Ebike thing out..and that's great more converts..I'm finding now that 30mph is fast enough and I'm being swayed into cutting the power to conserve energy for the extra milage.