Electric bike advice please

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Jamie

Shame we have a ex demo specilized Bike cost 1,200 21 inch frame fited with our 40 MPH 3500 watt KIT

bike ready to go £3500 done 60 miles

Frank

Last edited:

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
I did plan to try some others Frank but after seeing and riding the haibike, I think it's perfect for me.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
If there's enough money in the budget, you can build a really nice bike - much better than a Haibike. The most expensive bike I built was about £1200 including the cost of the donor.
Hi d8veh..... which'd be a good bike to buy to convert to an ebike ?

cheers....Mike

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Blimey, you could start an entire thread with that question.
...sorry....seem'd to make sense to get a bike first before considering converting it :)

filsgreen

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2013
Litherland, Merseyside
Hi Frank

Just reading the posts and have come across this one. Now I promise you I'm not trying to be obdurate, but can you please explain to me how a bike can cost £3500? To be fair, I have just come in from the pub and to reiterate I'm not trying to be anything, I'm just trying to get my head round the figure. I read earlier that a Scottish member bought a Stromer for £4000 and I am trying to justify it in my head, much the same as my wife, when I told her I had bought a Kalkhoff for £1600. I would really appreciate a breakdown in lay mans terms, why a bike could cost so much. Once again, I am not trolling, just need a rationale why a bike costs as much as a good second hand car. Now you could ask why did I spend so much on my bike, Well I thought that £1600 was, after much research good price for what I purchased. Once again I am not trolling!!

Phil

PS I would welcome any ones input. I have had a drink, but £3500 cost stymies me. :) OK it's not that hard.

Phil

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
It's not that much really, you can spend a lot more on a bike and not even have an engine.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
It's not that much really, you can spend a lot more on a bike and not even have an engine.
It often surprises me just how much people will spend on a bike:

When explaining to a singletrack enthusiast that a Haibike can cost as much as five grand, he replied "That's not a lot for a bike", and he was comparing to a non-electric bike.

Yer average Joe seems to have a maximum of a grqnd in mind when considering a first eBike, but many realise they want a better base bike pretty quickly.

Poisonally, I reckon my base bike @ £6/700 & electrics @ a grand is about right as I'll, hopefully, get several years peregrinating round the countryside down here. i don't need a super-dooper sprts bike - just one that's set up nice for trecking.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

That is our demo bike done 60 miles full price £4,500

the bike cost £1200 fitting £300 the kit £3000 we can fit to other bikes and one a customer supplies Must be NEW

We spent 6 months developing at a cost off £50,000

Get on the bike with a 20 stone rider twist the throttle WAM straight up to 40 mph range 20 miles NO pedalling The Bike is Insane a lot off our customers do green lane riding

We only make small volumes and support our products that costs

TRY and buy a similar product made by a company that has been making E bike kits for 7years in the UK

Frank

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
You won't go far wrong with a Haibike, particularly as you've tried one and know what you are getting.

I tease Martin about being obsessed with the ruddy things, but it means you have a keen and enthusiastic dealer which is another plus point.

Hope you will post a few pics when you get it.

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
Cheers, I'm very much looking forward to getting it, just got to wait for a large frame bike to come into stock.

Will put some pictures up, may get the gopro out an all, I love a video.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Have you tried the KTM e-Race Panasonic? It is still IMHO the most powerful of the legal e-bikes,the frame is large enough to suit your size....they have one at the London Electric Bike Company,Hampton Wick,Kingston.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
You won't go far wrong with a Haibike, particularly as you've tried one and know what you are getting.

I tease Martin about being obsessed with the ruddy things, but it means you have a keen and enthusiastic dealer which is another plus point.
Hi Rob,

'Obsessed' is a strong word often used by my partner when shes asking me to keep quiet in my sleep. She seems to think I mutter words like.. 'xDuro' 'Germans' Haibike'..

I dont know what shes talking about..

Regards
Martin

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
Had my haibike a week now, Martin was great to deal with, thanks for the help and advice guys.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
Been enjoying myself to much to stop and take pictures, I will do though, got plenty of free time over Xmas.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
....and that's why i haven't dared come down and try one yet...seriously though, might get time over christmas with a bit of luck!
Hi Ghoul,

Yes do so but give me a buzz before hand. Well be open right up to Xmas eve (about 4pm until be decide to ****** off to the pub!).

Then I allow all my staff the Xmas period off to spend with family.
We will be back open around the 2nd January.

Regards
Martin