Electric bike advice please

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Jamie

Shame we have a ex demo specilized Bike cost 1,200 21 inch frame fited with our 40 MPH 3500 watt KIT

bike ready to go £3500 done 60 miles

Frank

Last edited:

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
I did plan to try some others Frank but after seeing and riding the haibike, I think it's perfect for me.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
If there's enough money in the budget, you can build a really nice bike - much better than a Haibike. The most expensive bike I built was about £1200 including the cost of the donor.
Hi d8veh..... which'd be a good bike to buy to convert to an ebike ?

cheers....Mike

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
Blimey, you could start an entire thread with that question.
...sorry....seem'd to make sense to get a bike first before considering converting it :)

filsgreen

Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2013
Litherland, Merseyside
Hi Frank

Just reading the posts and have come across this one. Now I promise you I'm not trying to be obdurate, but can you please explain to me how a bike can cost £3500? To be fair, I have just come in from the pub and to reiterate I'm not trying to be anything, I'm just trying to get my head round the figure. I read earlier that a Scottish member bought a Stromer for £4000 and I am trying to justify it in my head, much the same as my wife, when I told her I had bought a Kalkhoff for £1600. I would really appreciate a breakdown in lay mans terms, why a bike could cost so much. Once again, I am not trolling, just need a rationale why a bike costs as much as a good second hand car. Now you could ask why did I spend so much on my bike, Well I thought that £1600 was, after much research good price for what I purchased. Once again I am not trolling!!

Phil

PS I would welcome any ones input. I have had a drink, but £3500 cost stymies me. :) OK it's not that hard.

Phil

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
It's not that much really, you can spend a lot more on a bike and not even have an engine.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
It's not that much really, you can spend a lot more on a bike and not even have an engine.
It often surprises me just how much people will spend on a bike:

When explaining to a singletrack enthusiast that a Haibike can cost as much as five grand, he replied "That's not a lot for a bike", and he was comparing to a non-electric bike.

Yer average Joe seems to have a maximum of a grqnd in mind when considering a first eBike, but many realise they want a better base bike pretty quickly.

Poisonally, I reckon my base bike @ £6/700 & electrics @ a grand is about right as I'll, hopefully, get several years peregrinating round the countryside down here. i don't need a super-dooper sprts bike - just one that's set up nice for trecking.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi

That is our demo bike done 60 miles full price £4,500

the bike cost £1200 fitting £300 the kit £3000 we can fit to other bikes and one a customer supplies Must be NEW

We spent 6 months developing at a cost off £50,000

Get on the bike with a 20 stone rider twist the throttle WAM straight up to 40 mph range 20 miles NO pedalling The Bike is Insane a lot off our customers do green lane riding

We only make small volumes and support our products that costs

TRY and buy a similar product made by a company that has been making E bike kits for 7years in the UK

Frank

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
You won't go far wrong with a Haibike, particularly as you've tried one and know what you are getting.

I tease Martin about being obsessed with the ruddy things, but it means you have a keen and enthusiastic dealer which is another plus point.

Hope you will post a few pics when you get it.

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
Cheers, I'm very much looking forward to getting it, just got to wait for a large frame bike to come into stock.

Will put some pictures up, may get the gopro out an all, I love a video.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Have you tried the KTM e-Race Panasonic? It is still IMHO the most powerful of the legal e-bikes,the frame is large enough to suit your size....they have one at the London Electric Bike Company,Hampton Wick,Kingston.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
You won't go far wrong with a Haibike, particularly as you've tried one and know what you are getting.

I tease Martin about being obsessed with the ruddy things, but it means you have a keen and enthusiastic dealer which is another plus point.
Hi Rob,

'Obsessed' is a strong word often used by my partner when shes asking me to keep quiet in my sleep. She seems to think I mutter words like.. 'xDuro' 'Germans' Haibike'..

I dont know what shes talking about..

Regards
Martin

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
Had my haibike a week now, Martin was great to deal with, thanks for the help and advice guys.

JamieP

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2013
Been enjoying myself to much to stop and take pictures, I will do though, got plenty of free time over Xmas.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
....and that's why i haven't dared come down and try one yet...seriously though, might get time over christmas with a bit of luck!
Hi Ghoul,

Yes do so but give me a buzz before hand. Well be open right up to Xmas eve (about 4pm until be decide to ****** off to the pub!).

Then I allow all my staff the Xmas period off to spend with family.
We will be back open around the 2nd January.

Regards
Martin