Electric bikes on The Apprentice next Wednesday

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Their task for next week is for each team to design an electric bike. That will be either a good laugh or it'll make you cry. They showed a very quick clip this week. I'm guessing that there were a lot of constraints on their design because it looked like they used Bosch systems and probably standard frames, so the only thing they could do was pick from a list of parts then colour and brand them. It'll be interesting to see how much they can mess that up. 21:00 BBC1 next Wednesday.

Reactions: Brie

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Never watched it.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Agree with all the above, I wouldn't waste time on that sort of trash TV.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
On the other hand please all watch Dublin Murders on bbc 1 or iplayer

My little sister is the Executive Producer!

Reactions: Woosh

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
I will be watching this episode. I used to enjoy it and it reminded me of similar projects at Uni. Now it's TV-wanabees rather than those genuinely interested and with a flair for business.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's basically pure fiction, stupidity and comedy, just like Laurel and Hardy, except without the stunts. At least there's no pretence about that, unlike the lying fake news and documentaries that they put on the TV these days. John sweeney of Panarama has just been sacked after being exposed for making fake documentaries, now, would you believe it, David Atenborough's at it:

Anyway, I only mentioned it because I thought it might be fun to watch a load of egotistical jumped-up tw@ts trying to figure out one end of an electric bike from another. it'll be like those pantomimes, where you have to shout out, "Look behind you" every few minutes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25121

Nothing, repeat NOTHING, would entice me to watch this garbage program that thinks it entertaining to make fun of the less bright.

I've much more important things to do like cutting my lawn with some nails clippers.

• Agree
Reactions: jdallan and flecc

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
John sweeney of Panarama has just been sacked after being exposed for making fake documentaries, now, would you believe it, David Atenborough's at it:
You need a better source of information. That website is a climate change denier's wet dream! Do you know who funds it?

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
David Atenborough's at it:
the pair of presenters on that clip explained that the cliff was covered in ice in the past, allowing the walruses to get to the sea to eat and climb back up again. Warming caused the loss of ice, exposes the jagged rocks injuring the walruses when they land on them.
their explanation is reasonable to me.

Reactions: ebiker99

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
the pair of presenters on that clip explained that the cliff was covered in ice in the past, allowing the walruses to get to the sea to eat and climb back up again. Warming caused the loss of ice, exposes the jagged rocks injuring the walruses when they land on them.
their explanation is reasonable to me.
That wasn't my original source. There's a documentary from 1975 that shows the walruses falling of the cliff long before climate change was ever a thing. The commentator said in that video that it was an event that happened whenever the walrus population was high.

Here's a vid of a 1994 event where they mention that it had been observed three times over the previous years.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
The human race is adaptive, it will continue whatever the climate.
I’ve no first hand experience of this but I’m lead to believe that Britain was once covered in ice and before that it was a sub tropical paradise.
Go figure!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That wasn't my original source. There's a documentary from 1975 that shows the walruses falling of the cliff long before climate change was ever a thing. The commentator said in that video that it was an event that happened whenever the walrus population was high.
you did mention NETFLIX as the producer. They weren't there in 1975.
The article you linked to is as much guilty of fake news as many other media organs. They cited Netflix 'Our planet' video as source.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Regardless of why or whether the climate change is a thing, that documentary team knew about the regular walrus event, so they went and filmed it to promote funding for the WWF. They blame it on climate change so that people will feel guilty and donate. Also, just like the mainstream news, they know that they get more views and hence more money, by anything that causes outrage. It's a classic case of how people create fake propaganda to promote their agendas.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
you did mention NETFLIX as the producer. They weren't there in 1975.

The article you linked to is as much guilty of fake news as many other media organs. They cited Netflix 'Our planet' video as source.
You're betting mixed up. The David Attenborough one was published on Netflix. The 1975 one looked like it might have been BBC, but I'm not sure. The 1994 one is US Fish and Wildlife Service.